It's Over

[Nora]

Red's a weird color to paint a ceiling. No clue why Peter did it. Who's stupid brain would think 'Red! Perfect color for the bedroom.'

Why do I even care?

I feel numb. My whole body permanently welded to the sheets that have been my only comfort since my superstar boyfriend decided to become a cheating pig.

Three days and I still love him.

I should've believed Peter. He's my older brother and although I hate to admit it he does have moments where he's wiser than me.

When I saw those pictures on my screen I wanted to cry. Harry Styles and her at the bar. Harry and her dancing deceptively close. His arms around her waist, hers in his hair.

There I was sat in a cab, my whole body screaming that Harry had been unfaithful and still I thought those pictures meant nothing, it was just a party. If I could've been there I would've been in her position.

I ended up at Harry's door anyway, face to face with his supermodel ex-girlfriend. Instead of running off I waltzed into the house we had moved into only three weeks before...shit, only took three weeks of us living together to crumble.

In the living room sat an empty bottle of champagne, Harry's tailored jacket laying on the floor as the rest of his outfit covered the stairs and hall trailing to our bedroom door.

Harry was pulling on a pair of boxers when I finally pushed open the door...confirmation.

"Please Nora."

"Baby it didn't mean anything."

"I'm so sorry."

There was more but I can't remember.

I had no words. The man I once pictured spending the rest of my life with had cheated on me...what do you even say to that?

He did it, Harry really did it...that's all I've been thinking ever since.

"Sis?" Peter's head pops into my dark room.

He looks weary, like he's done something he knows I'll hate. Yes, I need to be pushed to get the shit I don't want to do done but I hate it.

I raise my eyebrows at him not trusting my voice right now.

"You need to come out here." He says leaning on the door frame, light streaming in from the hall.

"If it's mum, tell her–" I groan.

"It's Harry."

I want to protest but Peter stops me.

"I'm not asking you to get back with him...you need closure. So go get your closure. And if he's a tosser I'll beat him to a bloody pulp or hold him down while you do it, your choice." I can't help but chuckle as I nod at him.

"Give him hell" and he leaves.

Reluctantly I slip out of bed and into the hallway. That's when I see Harry out on the terrace. I hug myself tightly, making my way outside, heartbroken that I can't seek comfort in the tall lanky boy standing before me.

We stand looking at each other for what seems like forever. Harry looks like hell. Hair wild, dark bags under his eyes, hands in his pockets, visibly uncomfortable.

He isn't say anything. I guess I'm the one who's gonna have to start this.

"You remember the night we met at the club. I had never put myself out there before. Then you came by, offered me a drink and we had a nice chat. It was amazing. You made me feel comfortable. You cared, you were interested..." I trail off remembering the feeling.