Falling Stars

"Hey! Wait up" I heard someone shout across the hall way, it's Caleb my so called "guy best friend". "Where have you been? We're late for second period." I said gazing angrily at him. "I'm sorry I got caught up at home" he fired back at me and by the way by "caught up" he means waiting for his father to drive him to school, "God! Why do you keep on doing that?" I interrupted him before he could even explain further," Huh? Doing what?" he asked a bit confused,

"That, the thing you do with your eyes, you blink like 3 times in 5 seconds it's annoying you know."

"No its not, some girls think it's cute." He said with a little smile on his face.

"Well, I'm not like those girls so don't do that when you're with me."

We were both walking too fast that we did not notice someone waiting for us near the fountain. "Why are you two always late?" Dean asked while lifting his backpack from the floor.

"Ask him." I was looking at Caleb.

"Oh men not again, why don't you just take the school bus like we do."

"You know my dad won't let me do that." Caleb answered back.

"Your dad should let you go sometime now... you're old enough you know." joining the conversation.

We reached our room and sat down listening to Mr. Crowell's boring lecture about Greek mythology.

My name is Samantha Brown, Sam for short and those two guys I was talking to a while ago are Caleb Jones and Dean Reynolds they are the only guys I get along with here at school. I'm much closer to Caleb though because Dean is like the bad boy figure here at school and Caleb is the boy next door kind of guy with just one problem, his over protective dad. For a guy it's weird to have a parent who is over protective, I mean guys should like break the rules or get into accidents or fights you know those kind of stuff, but not Caleb he seldom breaks the rules his dad still drives him to school even if he's already 18, he has his own car but his dad says "You're not old enough to drive your self to school young man" Mr. Jones would say with his husky voice. Caleb has no choice but to follow his dad if he doesn't follow orders he should kiss his platinum credit card away. Dean is the total opposite of Caleb, Dean doesn't care what his parents say or other people think about him he is the boss of him, the kind of guy that you don't want to bring home to your mom and introduce as your boyfriend. But he attracts most of the girls here at school the weird ones, rich ones and even some cheer leaders wants to spend even just one night with him. There was this one time at a Party one girl gave him her bra with the girls phone number written on it. I guess girls really dig bad boys. For me this guys are just like any other guys I don't get head over heels when I'm around them I don't follow them around. Some girls even hate me just because I get to speak and hang around with those two. I don't get it, what do they see in those two morons? I grew up with them you can say childhood friends. I know every bit about them. We lived at the same village and our parents were classmate's way back at junior high. The three of us got along when we were 4 years old I guess that's why I'm kind of a boy because I hang around them more often then I hang around with girls.