Chapter One

Chapter 1:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. "Ugh is it that time already?" I groaned, climbing out of bed. I knocked on my twin brother's door. "Wake up, Tobio!" He slowly walked out of his room. So, our family does NOT consist of morning people. There was a trace of sleep still dancing in his eyes. "What day is it?" He asked. "Uh, I don't know. Tuesday?" He looked at me angrily. "Why'd you wake me up?! We don't even have morning practice today!" I laughed. "Silly Tobio. It's the first day of Highschool! You wouldn't want to be late, right?"

As we got ready for school, I asked, "Hey, do you think we'll stick out?" He was a bit confused. "I mean, we're from a prestigious middle school, right?" He replied softly, "Just be you. You'll do fine." We grabbed our practice clothes and knee pads and headed out the door. "I'm going to take the scenic route. Exercise is good for you." With that, he jogged away.

In all the hustle, I realized I didn't have breakfast. 'There's a small store on the way to school. I'll get a quick bite to eat there.' When I walked into the store, I saw a short orange haired boy with a pair of...volleyball shoes, sticking out of his bag. "Isn't he a bit short for volleyball...?" I said aloud. He looked over at me. "Gwah! You play volleyball too?!" He beamed. I looked at him. "Yeah. How'd you know?" He giggled. "Your shoes are sticking out as well." We laughed a bit. "Hey what position are you?" I asked. He responded, "You may not believe me, but I'm gonna be an ace someday." I was so impressed. "With that height, you MUST be SOMETHING." He scoffed at me. "Hey you're not THAT much taller than me!"

As we talked among ourselves, we soon approached the school. "Wait you go to Karasuno too?" We said simultaneously. We laughed some more. "What class are you?" He asked. "Oh, I'm in class 4." HE gaped like a fish. "WOAH YOURE SUPER SMART!!!" I laughed. "I'm guessing you're not that good at studying?" "You got it!" He thought for a minute. "Hey, maybe you could mentor me!" I laughed. "Sure why not?"

As Hinata-kun and I parted ways, I felt someone glomp me. "KENRO-CHAN!!!!!" I looked up only to be met with brown hair. I sighed, knowing who it was. "Hello Noya-senpai." He froze on the spot and muttered something. 'Oh. He's probably mentally fangirling again.' I tapped his shoulder. He jolted back to reality. "Ya know, I'm never gonna get use to that, Kenro-chan." I giggled. "That's why I do it." He pinched my cheeks. "You're teasing me again~" I looked up, cheeks numb. "Nowa-senpai I cwant fweel my cheeks." He laughed, then let go of my cheeks. "Hey, what class are you?" He asked out of the blue. "4, why-" I was cut off by him hugging me. "SO SMART KENRO-CHAN!!! You learned so much!!" I sighed. "Things'll just be harder from here though." He ruffled my hair. "Hey, let's get ice cream after school. Senpai's treat!" He said cheerily. I couldn't say no to that face. "Okay, after school today. Don't forget!" I said as I walked to class.

Just then, my friend Aria popped up out of nowhere. "Hiya Kenro! I heard someone has a date~" I flipped out. "Aria you scared me to death!" She just giggled. "Soooooo where ya goin for your date? Huh? Tell me everything!" She beamed. I blushed madly. "It's not a date Aria!" She looked at me funny. "Yeah. You can't tell me getting ice cream with a guy like Noya after school ISNT a date." "W-w-whatever. It's not a date!" And with that I ran to class.

As the day went on, I found the teacher and class intros quite boring. I met up with Hinata and Tobio during my favorite class: Gym. We were playing, of course, volleyball. Being the volleyball nuts we are, we jumped up and down for a good 5 minutes. Since in gym there is no official rules, I couldn't be libero. Whatever. I'm not that upset. I had to serve though. I hate serving, but I'm not too bad at it. All three of us were in the same team and often had to be told to calm down. Poor Hinata and Tobio looked like whipped puppies. It was hilarious to see.

After the day ended, I packed my things and headed toward the door. I didn't get very far before another voice rang out. "Aria told me someone has a date~" I almost screamed. I turned around to be met my Emiko, one of my other friends. "I already told you it's NOT A DATE!!!" She laughed. "Look, no matter how your brain twists it, you're going on a date," she said. I was flustered, but I tried to keep it as quiet as possible, but of course Noya HAD to show up right then.

"Hey, Kenro-chan! You ready to go?" Noya asked. I could see the sparkle in his eyes. Man, I wish I hadn't fallen right then and there. Not in love (that was a while ago), I tripped and fell. As I was falling, instinct turned me over into my back as to not crush my lungs. As I braced for impact, it never came. When I looked up, Aria and Emiko were holding back laughs while taking pictures. I looked behind me to see Noya. "If I didn't know better I'd say you just fell for me!" He laughed heartily. I laughed. Oh what he didn't know may just kill me.

This isn't going to be updated regularly just an FYI in case you like this. Or not. That's fine too.

First off, thank you for actually reading this! It makes me happy when my readers read these notes. Second off, if you read the above note, this will NOT have an update schedule. College classes are tough and take up all my time. That and orchestra. Sooooooo anyways, I was thinking about doing a Haikyuu!! one shot book. Do you guys think I should? I would need requests to get started, that's for sure.

*please put requests here*

*should I have the one shot book?*

Thank you in advance for voting. Or not. Either is fine. I will also be taking suggestions for a new sign off phrase, so please keep that in mind.