Craft.

Am I a bad person that does good things? Or a good person that does bad things? Maybe I'm neither and doing whatever it takes to survive... What's terrifying is that I don't know the answer. Most see clearly who they are whether they like to admit it or not. Unfortunately my choice of being who I want was taken away long ago when my Mothers revealed something unbelievable,  something simply known by humans as witch craft. 

I was taught when I was eight and accidentally set my Brother's cereal on fire, interesting enough... Took him weeks to grow his eyebrows back they were the only things my Mothers couldn't heal. Mama thought it was best to have my Grandma teach me until I was fifteen by that time I came home my Mothers had given birth to twins and adopted another Brother, younger just like the Twins. 

The next two years were wonderful though. I spent them practicing my craft with both Mama and Mum teaching me what they knew and having Grandma coming on weekends dragging my unwilling Grandpa to help teach me as well. None of my siblings had the craft so they would always watch new things I had learnt in wonder. Sometimes my older Brother, Caleb would join in just for fun. I swear those two years were the greatest of my life. 

Unwillingly though, all great things will end when life sees you too happy. When I was seventeen my Grandparents were killed in a car accident getting hit from behind causing them to swerve over the edge of the bridge. Icing on the cake? It was my Mama who hit them but no one knows what happened to them or Caleb who was in the bad seat. Many had theories it was other witches. My heart still ached whenever I thought about it. Being seventeen the Court let me have custody of my Sisters and Brother with constant check ups. Now I am twenty-three, working in my bar while my Brother is seventeen working at my bar and the girls are fifteen A-ing high school but still asking why I don't practice my craft anymore. 

The answer? The craft is good for nothing but destroying your life... And maybe making a little money.