I Love My Mom

Emily's P.O.V

We sat there for what felt like hours, as a leaf came and fell down directly on my mom's lap I smiled. I had never seen her this happy in her life. She look at me with her dark, intense, beautiful brown eyes. For the first time in ten years she seemed.. happy. My mouth felt like it was going to fall off because of me smiling so much.  Then we heard sirens and took off. My mom had taken me from the foster care five hours before, she had gotten so lonely and they would not let her have visitations with me because she had a major coke addiction. She took my hand and ran down a pathway between two buildings. She hugged me as tight as she could. Her hands wrapped around my waist like were never going to see each other again. I squeeze back, tearing up because I honestly missed my mom. When we heard foot steps in the leaves my mom pulled away from me and looked me straight in the eyes. "I love you, but I must go. I want you to know, that no matter what happeneds I will always be here with you. I love you.." She quickly took off a necklace and handed it to me and ran away. As soon as she turned the corner the cops ran up to me. They picked me up and made sure I was ok but all I could say was, "I love you too." 

As I was getting a ride back to my foster parent's house, I looked over the necklace very carefully. It was golden brown with very little metallic flowers around the edges. I opened it and inside was a picture of me and her. I smiled gently and looked outside. It was dark and gloomy, nothing like the park. The park had rays of sunshine and smelt of fresh air. This stupid cop car smelled of feet and it felt doleful and hesitant. Even if I did live with my mom and her coke addiction, I would like it better than my foster parent's house. I wish I would get adopted already, any place would be better than this hell house. I put on the necklace and as soon as I let go of the necklace, to let it fall into place on my shoulders, I felt warmth and happy. 

After what felt like forever, we pulled into my caregiver's driveway. She stood there with her false smile and worryings to mock me and my fatal escape. The cops handed me over and drove off, not realizing how much trouble I was in. I look up to her face and see her wicked smile. I whisper to myself, "I love my mom" 

She must have heard me because she took my hand and ran inside closing and locking the doro behind us.