1

Ahsoka sat in her quarters on the Resolute and tried to calm herself. For some reason, she felt restless and energetic. She thought meditation would help her.

'Why am I so squirmy today?' wondered Ahsoka. Sleep had been elusive last night, and today wasn't much better. Her mind was racing, never taking a break.

'Is it something I ate? Do I have a medical problem? Something... someone... I wonder..."

She tried to recall her day. Ahsoka had walked into the hangar, greeted enthusiastically by Hardcase. Then, Jesse and Echo came over and asked how she was feeling with shore leave on its way. Ahsoka was suddenly aware of her captain entering the room...

It was no sooner than Ahsoka thought of Rex than she realized. It was him! He was the one causing all of this!

But why? Why was Rex lurking at the back of her mind, in her subconscious, all day? Surely the Jedi Council would frown at this. All her life, Ahsoka had been told to be mindful of her thoughts. Would having Rex on the brain all day be a violation of this?

And then it hit. Something clicked, a sudden snap in logic, a snap that woke Ahsoka up. The realization was clear as the suns on Tatooine.

I like Rex.

I like Rex.

I like Rex.

At first, the single thought washed around in Ahsoka's mind. It was soon joined by others.

Does he like me back? Will I slip up in front of him? Is it obvious?

More complicated reasonings soon joined the previous ones.

Will I be kicked out of the Jedi order for this? Is this just a passing crush? Are my teenage hormones behind this?

She sighed. She would think about this later. Ahsoka suddenly felt tired, like all that pent-up energy had been released. When she laid down on her cot and consciousness left her, she dreamed of her captain.