2:19

| THE STAND:CHAPTER NINETEEN |

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER NINETEEN |

"What happened to her?" Rhea asked Aya, rushing over to the seemingly dead body of the witch Ariane.

"You should know as well as I do, Rhea, this is what befalls anyone who bargains with Elijah Mikaelson. Ariane discovered the weapon that can kill an Original. And since Elijah would never allow anyone to possess so deadly a secret," Aya paused, surprised to see the saddened expression on the witch's face, "he killed her."

"She was so young, with so much potential." Rhea commented, brushing a lock of pale blonde hair off her face.

"Then perhaps you won't mind spending a little more time together." As Aya spoke, the rest of the Sisters entered the room, two at a time, their usual black hooded cloaks masked their faces. Rhea noticed one in particular, a young, round-faced brunette giving her a curious look. 

"You and the others will channel her, search her mind and find the weapon." Aya informed the Sisters, whom all began to kneel around the body of the fallen witch.

Rhea scoffed, "That's a bit disrespectful, don't you think? Her body isn't even cold. Not to mention, it's dangerous," she paused, lowering her voice, "If Elijah finds out."

"We both know how dangerous Elijah can really be. And yet, as he is my sire, my life and the lives of The Strix are tied to his," Aya gave her a menacing glare, stepping forward so they're almost nose to nose. She brushed Rhea's hair behind her ears in a threatening gesture, "So I will not rest until that weapon is found."

"I'm here by choice, Aya. You'll do well to remember that." Rhea threatened, stepping away from the vampire, who left the room shortly after.

Rhea joined the rest of the Sisters around Ariane's body, all of them holding each others hands, attempting to channel her to find out what she learned before her death. They were all chanting, although nothing seemed to be happening thus far, the witch who Rhea learned to be called Maddison— seemingly the leader, spoke out.

"We're getting nowhere. Take some time, gather your focus. We'll reconvene in an hour," she gave them all a significant look, lingering on Rhea, "And we won't stop until we get what we need."

All the Sisters left, leaving Rhea alone with the body of Ariane, she sighed— sad for the young girl, she deserved more than this.

"I know you're not a New Orleans witch, neither am I— but you did die here. When I was young, my grandmother told me that a witch who wasn't consecrated would never know peace. That doesn't apply to my family, but that doesn't mean I don't care for the wellbeing of others, even in the afterlife." Rhea pulled out a small vial of water, she poured a drop onto Ariane's forehead.