Shadow (PROLOGUE)

I open my eyes and found myself lying in the middle of the woods. My vision seemed to be blurry at first but I realized it was the fog that makes it hard for me to see things clearly. To make matters worse, the pressure in the air is thin which made it difficult for me to breathe. I regained my posture then cautiously venture around. The area seem so .... well, dark. No source of light nor any life forms detected at sight. Not to mention the cold breeze passing through that made me shiver down to my spine.

Wait a second. . .

Where am I?

Why am I here?

More importantly. . .

.

.

.

How did I end up here in the first place?

As I roam around the area, I spotted something. . . or someone. I took a closer look just to find out what it is.

A child sitting on a log bearing a ruby pendant shaped like a diamond came across my path. She has long silky hair, hazelnut in color; her eyes concealed by her bangs. She looks like a nine-year old kid wearing a dress with flowers imprinted on it. The color of her dress attracts me the most; its hue reminds me of a rose that had its tint fade due to time.  

.

Old rose, yeah... that's the term I was looking for. Anyways, she is somehow. . . . . . . lost.

I approached the child and spoke in my usual tone of voice, "You seemed to be lost as well, lil' one. May I help you? We can find our way out of this together." Her head is still facing the ground without any response.

"Are you ok?" I asked her. She didn't replied. She is still remained stucked on the ground. I sighed then spoke again.

"Look kid. I ain't gonna hurt you, ok. I am just finding my way back home as well." She began to react from what I've said.

"Lost? . . . . . Home?" she stated without looking at me.

"Well, Aren't ya?" I raised my eyebrow as I have replied to her. Judging the fact that she is somehow weird for a kid.

As she turned around to face me with her baby blue orbs and a straight face. My eyes widen and I was stunned by the person in front of me.

"I am not the one who is lost."

=======================================================================

Hey guys! Here is a story of mine as a pay-back from the Eden Eternal of Adventure. I apologize for holding the story of the EEoA for a while and I will somehow resume it right after I get back on the track of the story.

So how was it? Can you guys give me a thumbs up or a down? Cliff-hanger? Aaaahhh yeah.... about that.... I am still working on this habit of mine so forgive me for leaving you hanging.... AGAIN. (^3^)

Anyways, feel free to leave some comments and suggestions. Seriously, I am an open-minded person, I won't bite. (^.^)

Hope you enjoyed the story!