Prologue

"Come on Baron we have an important day ahead of us. Plenty of things to observe!" Cried my mother enthusiastically.
My names Baron. I'm a 14 year old boy from Johto. Specifically, Violet city. Today I'll be reliving the worst day of my life that was supposed to be one of my best.
You see, my mother is a historian. She loves collecting data and observing ancient ruins. Her favorite ruin was the Ruins of Alph. These ruins are right next to the city I live in. My mother moved to Johto several years before I was born to observe and study these ruins. I was eventually born and I became her assistant basically. I was never fond of being a historian. I always found it kind of boring. Studying ruins and writing what you see down. I mean it's interesting but my passion is to battle. Unfortunately I've never been given the opportunity to battle. Instead I just remain a historian with my mom. It's not so bad though. I love my mom and some of the things we discover is quite fascinating.
Anyways, my mother and I went on a trip to another ancient ruin that has some sort of connection to the Ruins of Alph. This ruin was known as the Sinjoh ruins.
Here's what we know about the Sinjoh ruins: the Sinjoh Ruins are the remains of a temple created hundreds of years ago by two groups of humans: one who had come from Sinnoh, and another who had hailed from Johto, or specifically the Ruins of Alph. Because of this, the ruins contain elements of both the Spear Pillar and the Ruins of Alph, as a sign of the blending of the two cultures. It is unknown what brought the two clans together to build a temple for Arceus, but this probably has to do with the underlying relationship between it and the Unown.
This is what my mother recorded about these ruins, before the tragedy. You see, we were recording our data when our studies were interrupted by what sounded like to be a helicopter. We could hear multiple voices from the outside of the ruins. My mother then took me and we hid. We hid behind a pillar in the corner of the ruins. Then a bunch of blue haired men and women came running in. The last man to come in was a taller, stronger looking man. He was screaming orders.
"I want every bit of this ruin searched for any data on what we are looking for!" yelled the Boss.
The blue haired people were destroying the ruins. Taking it apart. My mother wouldn't stand by and watch these men destroy a historical site.  So she told me to stay in hiding and came running out, begging the blue haired people to stop destroying the ruins. But they would not listen. The taller looking man just looked at my mom. One of the men began to carve out a piece of writing from the wall. My Mother then lunged at the man trying to get him to stop. The man flung her off his back. She got back up but then, horror struck. The taller man threw out a Pokeball that released a Pokemon. It was grey and pink. The man called it "Sneasel."
The next thing I knew, Sneasels claw went through my mothers chest. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. But instead, I could only watch. I had no Pokemon to fight. If I went out there or exposed my hiding spot, I would have faced the same fate as my mother. So I stayed. Looking at the corpse of my mother. Then the taller man began to speak.
"Good work today. Perhaps these writings will give us a clue to where Spear Pillar is. Now, let's return to Sinnoh, analyze the data we collected, and continue searching."
"Yes Master!" They all shouted.
The blue haired people then left the temple. My mom was still there, dead on the floor. Flash forward to now. I, Baron from Johto, am now on a plane to Sinnoh to get a Pokemon from the Professor there, achieve my dream and become a battler and most importantly, get revenge on the people who killed my mother.