The Shy Girl.

Raegan sat in a cardigan, one earplug in her ear the other hanging on. She scribbled her pencil on her paper softly, writing, writing small meaningful paragraphs. She didn’t know that those paragraphs would soon be published into her first book. Raegan smiled to herself, green eyes satisfied on the song, her iPhone 5 had shuffled to Sweater Weather sang softly into her ears. She sat in Language Arts, she hadn’t really been listening today, something in her mind catching her off guard. Her writing? No. She thought then went back into the paragraphs, she re-read them realizing why she was so caught off guard today. Damn it, why can’t I get him out of my head? She yelled silently at herself. She sighed loudly not realizing the loudness before her teacher; Mrs. Greenwell had called on her. “Um, pass.” She said confidently. “No please do share your few paragraphs Mrs. Gailes.” She huffed because she hated her last name, along with talking in front of the entire class. Raegan wasn’t considered quiet and unknown, but outgoing and fun. Everyone knew her, but she really only trusted three people. Those three girls, she didn’t have classes with though, none of them had classes together, but they still remained as close as ever. The teacher nodded her head again as Raegan stood to read. She read through the paragraphs nervously. He was in that class, Raegan was in A.P. Language Arts last year, but eventually was just put in a class for seniors; Raegan had no problem with this really other than him. He was in that class, and sometimes his deep blue eyes got distracting to Raegan’s green ones. She knew he had no idea who she was other than her being the smart junior. Kill me now. She thought to herself over and over again reading the paragraphs that literally defined him, Jason Mathews. Once Raegan had seated again, the teacher looked proud, but Raegan could give a shit less. He watching her for a moment and she noticed, he looked at her until the bell rang loud. Raegan quickly got her things, jetting from the classroom as quick as she could. A sigh of released her as she escaped the room quickly. She hustled to her locker grabbing a few things for her next class. Math. Raegan wasn’t a mastermind in math, she didn’t even have A.P., but that kind made her glad. She slammed her locker ready to head for her class, but there in her way was Hailey. Hailey was a brunette, natural blond, best friend since the sixth grade. “What are you doing?” Hailey questioned, looking down at Raegan’s book. Raegan’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “We are skipping class, remember, just to spend some time together as a group.” Hailey said angry, Raegan sighed looking, “I don’t know, I mean I’m kind of behind in Math, plus” she was cut off, “Plus I’m taking her to lunch today.” Jason said from behind Raegan. She hadn’t seen him but she knew. She knew by his voice, Hailey’s face, and his hand against the locker she could see from the corner of her eyes. “My bad Jason. Go on, take her away. Have fun.” Hailey smiling and backing away, “But not too much fun.” She said raising an eyebrow and walking to where the girls had planned on meeting up. “So, what did you want to eat?” he said smirking at Raegan who was now facing him. “Actually, I really am behind on Math.” She smiled, trying to get past him. He stepped in her way again. “I don’t know.” He said, smirk still plastered on his face. He pushed her into a locker, her books dropping. His hands had hers against the lockers, “We could stay, if that’s what you really want?” he said hot breath at her ear. She bit her bottom lip, and nodded. And he quickly took her hand leading her to his car. They jumped in the backseat, his lips attacking hers. She moaned slightly, her hands gripping his hair, which stood high on his head. Jason pulled away, “So, was that about me?” he asked smirking; Raegan blushed and added a small nod. “That’s what I thought.” He said before he kissed her again, hands hot on her waist, fingertips grazing skin the tank top and cardigan didn’t cover.