Chapter One!

"When I count to three, and open my eyes I will be in the Anime World."  I said to myself as I was laying on the floor in my bedroom. "One."  I take a breath. "Two."  Another breath. "Three."  I open my eyes to see my ceiling. "Shoot."  I say aloud to my abundance of posters and books. I head the door open down stairs. "Ms, Sarah is home."  Ms, Sarah is my adoptive parent. She is home for a couple days during the year. So, I am home alone all time. ALL THE TIME. I leave the house only to attend anime cons, book stores and modeling shoots. "Kasumi! Could you come down here please?" Ms, Sarah calls from the kitchen. "Sure!" I call back. I get up off the floor and run down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Could you help put the groceries away?"  "Yes." I start putting the numerous cans and boxes of food away. "How is your school work going?" Ms, Sarah asks from behind the fridge. "Well. The internet was down for a few days, so I wasn't able to do anything, however I am all caught up." I look out the window, its snowing. "Good, I am off to Paris in the morning. Will you be okay on your own?" She asks turning toward me. "Aren't I always?" She giggles, and it reminds me of a school girl. Then she is suddenly all professional. "How is the fashion industry treating you?"  "Well. They keep asking me to lose five pounds, but if I do that I will drop to an unhealthy weight."  I explain. She giggles again and smiles at me. "Only you..Did you tell them that?" She asks turning back to the fridge. "Not yet." I say. "You should do that then." "Okay." I hand her another can. "Are you going to that anime thing of your tomorrow?" I had forgotten about that. "Yep." I say as I do a self check to make sure I  have packed. "Make sure you lock the doors. Did you call the cab?" "Yes, I have everything under control. Do  you still need my help?" I say backing out of the kitchen. "Nope, feel free to go blow your eardrums out." She turns toward me. "Thank you, miss." I say bowing. I hear her giggle as I run back up the stairs. When I reach my room I shut the door and lay down for a nap.

When I wake up its dark outside. I look at my clock. "3:30Am, man my body must hate me."  I move to look out the window. Ms. Sarah's car is gone. As I turn away from my window something gleams in the snow. When I look again its gone. Freaked out, I quickly shout the blinds and locked my bedroom door.

The taxi outside honked and I quickly hustled all my stuff out of the door.  I jumped when my phone rang. "Hello?" I ask  "Hey! Are you on the way to the airport?" Kimi my "friend" asked as I locked the front door. "Yes, but you know that we don't have to be there for two hours." I say as I get into the taxi.  "Well yeah, but early is on time." she says and hung up the phone. 

Do you like it? I will post more if I get feedback. The idea for this story came from a dream I had. (Well, it was more of a nightmare than anything.)  Thank you for reading! <3