Part 1

"Shit shit shit SHIT." The Sniper cried out, hot flames barely lapping at his back as the enemy Pyro gave chase. The stench of propane only got closer, sweat slicking Mundy's forehead. He was almost to the RED base, he could survive this ordeal, just get across that bridge, man.

A blunt, scorching force slammed into his back, vaulting him away from the bridge. The Aussie helped as he got some air time, limbs flailing for a hold on something as searing flame ate away at clothing and flesh alike. That second of pain felt like an eternity before he slammed into the murky waters of Teufort, his aching body going limp and vision turning dark...

"Hold on. Take it easy." A familiar voice roused Mundy from that dreamless rest, vision blurred as he blinked his eyes open.

"Just lay down, don't move much. You're in bad shape, I hate to say it." The soothing voice sounded again. The stench of sewage hit him as he slowly woke up. Water trickled around him, the ground damp. A small sliver of moonlight shone through a slightly open manhole cover, but otherwise the sewer was dark.

Mundy gave a low, pained groan, his entire back stinging as if the flames never left. "Oh fuck me, that Pyro..." He grunted, grimacing from the pain. He took in a sharp breath, forcing himself to look up at the man over him. "Thanks ah..." Confusion clouded his mind when his gaze fell on an unfamiliar face. Well, not entirely unfamiliar. But what unnerved him more were the glowing yellow eyes and sharp teeth the man donned. "What the fuck." Wow, good job, can't even ask the name of your savior, you proper cunt.

"Ok excuse me. Might I ask your n- oh fuck." Mundy regretted looking the slightest bit down. Below the man's waist were, instead of legs, a mass of deep blue tentacles. The limbs constantly moved at a sluggish pace, the strange sight scaring Mundy absolutely stiff.

"Look, I know, I look like some monster." The hybrid of a man sighed, knowing that look all too well. "But the last thing I want to do is hurt you."

The voice, the face... The Sniper was putting it all together. "You're our Spy. Seven years ago...?"

The former spy sighed and gave a nod. "Captured by the enemy Medic, yes, but let's not go into those traumatizing details, ok?" He gave a faux grin full of serrated teeth. "Let's just focus on keeping you alive. Now relax."

"You can't just tell me that shit and expect me to relax. The actual hell, mate!?" Mundy wasn't having the best day so far. But the last thing he expected was to be taken care of by some octo man. "And I hate to say it, but you're scaring the piss out of me."

"It's not that hard to 'scare the piss out of you'." The tentaspy rolled his eyes and gave a chuckle.

"You get my point." Mundy retorted, eyes darting around nervously.

"Sure, ok. Now sit tight, I need to find another medkit before you can get completely patched up." The hybrid spoke, slinking off the concrete and into the water. "Don't move. I'll be back before you know it." He called out as he began to swim away, limbs moving fluidly through the murk.

---Part 2 Coming Soon---