i / summary

❄ ❄ ❄

s u m m a r y

❄ ❄ ❄

Connor Prentiss doesn't do Christmas. He doesn't watch the films; he doesn't hang a wreath, and he certainly doesn't buy a tree. His sister says he's a grinch, but he isn't. He's just can't bring himself to celebrate the holiday season anymore. So when he imagines how he's going to be spending this Christmas, he doesn't imagine he'll be doing it at all.

The last thing he expects is to celebrate it with someone he doesn't even know.

When Connor's dog knocks a pregnant stranger off her feet, he thinks nothing of taking her to the emergency room. When she is told to stay off her feet until the new year, he is more than happy to help her home. But when he learns that she's very much alone, and about to burst, Connor's choices get a lot more complicated.

❄ ❄ ❄

d u e  d a t e

❄ ❄ ❄

Silent Night will make its debut on the 9th of December 2016. However before that date, the 'previews' will be posted - cast, playlist, epigraph - each week. I hope this will help you get into the festive spirit, and keep me motivated to finish writing The Night Watch.

❄ ❄ ❄

 a u t h o r ' s  n o t e

❄ ❄ ❄

As this story is a bit of festive fun, it will be a novella rather than a full length novel, something I would love to do at some point each year between writing novels. I aim for approximately 10 chapters and around 40,000 to 50,000 words - to give you guys a little perspective, Twenty-One Night Stand clocked in at 112,129 words and The Night Watch is on course to be 150,000.

Cosy Christmas is an independent story. You can read this without coming across spoilers for any of my other works, though as all of my works are related, it does feature characters from past and future stories. This is set in 2019, 3 years after 21ns and four years before tnw.

I really hope that you like the sound of this story, and that you will enjoy reading it! As always, my ask.fm inbox is always open for your questions, where I love to answer any queries you have. You can find me at ask.fm/dipthewick.