Memory Food

It was a dark, cold, and windy night. You are alone, with little protection against the chilling wind. You were at a friend's home for support of them, due to their recent father's passing. Your home is a short, few blocks, away, so you figured you could walk. As the dimly lit street stood before you, you walked slowly, hearing the deathly empty echo of your shoes against the pavement. You look up at the street lamps as they flicker, as you look down to stare ahead, a hooded figure stands before you, a couple houses down. It's facing you. You feel fear seep into your pores. You feel it's gaze on you as you are dead in your tracks, but it's getting closer. It's moving towards you now. Slowly. You try to move away, but the gaze holds you there. You begin to hear a faint whisper. No one is around, but IT. It moves closer and closer, the whispers louder and louder. You grab your head, you can feel the voices inside your mind. It stands tall over you now as you fall to your knees in pain. The pain, the chanting. It's too much! The hood falls and it grabs your shoulders before you could see. The chanting, it's stopped. And you can feel it's breath on your neck and in your ear. It delicately nips at your neck with it's razor sharp teeth. The moonlight shines off it's smooth, pale skin. It smells of death, and begins to cradle you in it's arms, like a prize. It's robe slides down it's back, as large wings emerge. A hiss, a bite into your neck, then black.

It was a dark, cold, and windy night. You are alone, with little protection against the chilling wind. You were at a friend's home for support of them, due to their recent father's passing. Your home is a short, few blocks, away, so you figured you could walk. As the dimly lit street stood before you, you walked slowly, hearing the deathly empty echo of your shoes against the pavement. You look up at the street lamps as they flicker, you look down, and continue home. As you enter your home and hang up your coat, your mother approaches and hugs you warmly. Did she smell odd? Maybe she was wearing perfume. She looked more... vibrant too, you thought. But shrugged it off. She probably got some new make-up.

"How was it?" She asked you, holding your shoulders and gazing into your eyes.

"Fine, I hardly remember a thing." You say, heading up to your room. As you walked up the stairs one last time, you look at your mother lovingly again as she stared out the window. You always thought the moon made her look pretty.