Happy Birthday Chloe

"Someone please help", I screamed.

I was running and yelling when I tripped over a giant stick. As I fell a rock pierced the palm of my hand slicing it right open. In pain, I picked up the stick in hopes of using it as a weapon. Looking around I ran into the direction with the most lighting. As I drew closer it turned out to be a mini restaurant. Getting closer, I stopped and turned around. There was someone lurking behind one of the trees in the near distance. I saw the brightness of their clothing against the darkness of the night.

Swinging open the door, I ran straight to the counter. "Please anyone help me! Someone is trying to hurt me!" The cashier looked frightened out of her mind. "Who's trying to hurt you ma'am? Who even are you?" 

Coming here was a serious mistake. I have no idea who is trying to get to me, but they could come in at any minute! I began to look around the place and inside the booths. That's when I saw Sheriff Charlie sitting at his booth eating. "Sheriff please help me there's a killer after me" The sheriff jumped up, completely stunned. "Chloe you are covered in blood what the hell happened?" 

I gave Sheriff Charlie the brief summary of what occurred between me being ran off the road and running for my life. "Charlie for fuck sakes there is someone out there and he's trying to kill me!", I screamed pacing the floor. Charlie burst out into laughter.

The seriousness of this situation and the threat to my life has me fuming he think I would joke. Sheriff Charlie waved me off. "There isn't a killer and you're just trying to pull some kind of trick. No one has time for your craziness lady", Charlie sat back down in his booth. I was about to protest when I saw him. Charlie was picking up his spoon when he saw the gleam of reflection. Before he could reach for his gun he was doubled over in unbearable pain. The person that was after me just took a knife to the abdomen of the Sheriff!

 I gasped in disbelief as I watched Charlie slowly drop to the ground. I was frozen in place just watching Charlie die slowly. "No Charlie! "The killer started coming towards us. The rest of the customers in the restaurant got up and started to run towards the door. I took one last look back towards the Sheriff when I felt someone grab my leg. I looked back and it was the killer.

"Someone help me please! Get him off of me!", I kicked, trying to break free. Everyone kept running out the door and no one bothered to come back for me. No one even bothered to help. The killer grabbed the knife he just used on the Sheriff and raised it to me.I couldn't fight anymore so I closed my eyes waiting to die.

There was this shrill laugh. "Happy Birthday Slut!", I opened my eyes and seen my sister Maria. She was the "killer" this whole time. All of a sudden I saw Sheriff Charlie get up off the ground. I obviously was in the shock of my life! I turned around to see that the people that were in the restaurant were my friends and family. I had such an adrenaline rush when I first ran into the restaurant that I didn't even take a good look at anyone's faces.

"Surprise", they said in unison. My heart was still pumping so crazy I still couldn't process the fact that this was all fake. I heard my phone ring and my sister got it out of her pocket. "You dropped this when I was chasing you.", she chuckled as she handed the phone to me. It was my boyfriend Jason. "Jason you were in on this?", I yelled into the phone. "Sorry if I scared you too much, but happy birthday baby I love you", I hung up. I stared at my phone and the room full of people around me and decided after the long night that I had I should enjoy the rest of it.

Happy Birthday to me huh?