Chapter One

It was my first year of school as a high schooler in South Korea, I had just moved here so I could study abroad and I was a senior technically speaking. I wanted to dive deep into the language and surround myself with the culture. I was unpacking my stuff when the door opened, I ran out of the room, I had decided would be my bedroom and stared at the guy standing in the doorway. Things are different in Korea but I would not allow a guy to live with me. He looked around then stared at me as if I was a small bug that he wanted to squash or lion who was a little too hungry.

"I wasn't told that I had a roommate?"

"Cause I'm not!"

"Is that what the lease says, I need to read these more carefully!"

"I bought this place because they said it was rare for anyone to get a roommate let alone a guy as a roommate!"

"Well I guess we got the same place, do you have a problem with it? If so go talk to the real estate company."

"Fine,"I grabbed my lease contract and stormed out of the house. I pulled my jacket on as I was walking down the street and stormed down to the real estate. The real estate company had closed down and I was standing their exhausted. I slowly made my way back and accepted defeat, I opened the door to my now shared house and slid my shoes off. I placed them next to his and went straight into my room, I unpacked my stuff and organized my room. The walls and floor were white with the occasional black glass doors that lead to my closet and the shelf that went from floor to ceiling behind the bed. There was a wall that stood between the bed and shelf, it was a walkway that lead to another empty space. The bed was a small platform that was a glossy black and a white full size mattress. I had already put my bed together, the theme was galaxy and I loved it.

I had started putting my clothes into the closet when he walked into my room. He leaned against the wall as I walked into the the walk-in closet, he smiled at me the whole time.

"So I guess we are roommates so you should know my name."

"I don't care for your name because we will not ever interact."

"My name is Kae Jae Jae but please call me Jae."

"No,"I looked over at him and glared, he slowly backed off and left my room. I placed my jewelry in the shelves and placed some of my books with them. After that I moved some of my beanbags to the empty space behind my closet and arranged them the way I wanted around the T.V. and table. I also placed my drawers against the wall farthest from the door and began putting my pants and other clothing away. I sat in my lounge area with a piece of blank paper and a sharpie, I started writing rules I wanted then numbered them. The first rule was to not enter each other's room without permission and the second was to not eat each other's food. The third and last rule is that we are to not talk to each other unless it's very important.

I walked out of my room and watched him attach a kotatsu that was a tan color. The table was round and so was the kotatsu, he placed a circular couch thing down. The seats sat on the floor and circled around the table except for one spot so you could slide in. He looked up at me as I stepped down the steps that lead to our rooms.

"I have rules, they are simple ones and you need to follow them or else."

"What could be worse than rooming with a hot babe that I can't touch?"

"A lot,"I said with a cold voice and he sighed as I walked over to the kitchen. I stuck the rules to the fridge with a magnet and went back into my room. Tomorrow I would have to go to school and I still had to pack my stuff for tomorrow. I grabbed my backpack and put my notebooks and pencils in my bag then added my wallet. My school uniform consisted of a black and red plaid skirt with a tie to match it. There was also a white button up shirt and a black jacket that had whiting hems and lining on the collar plus pockets. I set it on the dresser and sat on my bed with my fav book from America. It was called City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare, I was reading it for the fifth time but I still love it.