one

'Of course it rains when I come to LA!' Anna exclaimed to Cacia. Cacia chuckled. Cacia had an idea that it would rain in LA weeks before, but she was only joking about it. 'I don't even have an umbrella, fucking hell.' 

'Duck into the nearest store you can find!' Cacia replies, laughing her ass off. 

Anna, walking past a group of idiots huddled under a tree for protection, laughed as she ran happily through the cold rain. It was dark and gloomy, and she was sure it was to thunder in minutes, but she spent her time running up and back, being death-glared by the morons under the tree. 

'These assholes keep staring at me because I'm running through the rain. They're literally hiding under a tree, we have the exact same amount of protection.'

I really should go inside, Anna thought. Anna looked across the road to find a small, dimly-lit, brick cafe on the corner of the street. 

As she walked into the cafe, she found there were only two other people. They looked to be about 27 and 25, and they looked like they were fighting. Anna, however, took no concern, and walked over to the register. 

'I could get a large latte to go or I could get a hot chocolate to sit in with.' She whispered to herself. 

'One large hot chocolate coming up.' The waitress chuckled. 

Natalia, her name tag read. Her long brown chocolate hair and her light olive skin worked perfectly in unison. 

Anna felt idiotic, olive skin and brown hair is nothing but ordinary, but for some reason, Anna found this one girl, this Natalia, so intriguing. Anna just couldn't get over her green eyes. The green of her eye was glinting ever so brightly, and the emerald colour quickly drew Anna in. 

'Oh, um, thank you, I guess.' Anna murmured, rubbing her hand up her neck and behind the ear. As Anna walked away to sit, she pulled out her phone to FaceTime Cacia once again.

Pick up, pick up, pick up!, Anna thought. Anna was scared and confused, just to name a few. Anna had caught feelings for a girl before, but she never played on them nor did she ever get very far in. Anna only ever felt her heart beat faster around a girl that was beautiful, but she never put much thought into it. 

This was different. 

Yes, her heart was beating faster around the newly met Natalia, but something in Anna's mind made her different. It's like Natalia had a sense of innocence she'd never seen before. 

Anna, sat on the uncomfortable brown leather sofa facing the rain-fogged window, was happy when Cacia picked up. 

'This girl that just served me is literally the hottest person I've ever seen. Like, she's hotter than Ruby Rose.' Anna chuckled, thinking about a past conversation she'd had with Cacia. 

'And here's your hot chocolate.' Natalia walked up to Anna. Anna had suddenly gone red in the face and kind-of shakey. 

'How much of that did, um, how much did you hear?' Anna, embarrased and worried, queried. 

'Enough.' Natalia chuckled, putting Anna's cocoa on the small wooden table before her. 

Anna, smiling while the tall waitress walked back to the register, was still in the call with Cacia. 

'Oh God, that was embarassing.' Anna dropped her head. 

'You know that she stopped behind you, right? She wrote something on a slip of paper then kept walking.' 

Anna glinted down to her large mug, finding a slip of paper behind the warm cream cup. 

dinner at my place on wednesday? +1 415-555-1212 text me