creative writing

Lily's POV
I will never get him to like me, he's 4 years older than me. If we dated it'd be weird, considering we are in high school. A freshman dating a senior? No way. Not happening.

We have the same elective, creative writing. The one time a day where we get to see each other, other than at the cafe. He doesn't know who I am, he doesn't know that I'm the same girl who serves him at the cafe. Table 8. He never chose a different table number, always number 8.

Monday came by, the bell ringing for E period, creative writing. Hurriedly, I grabbed my notebook and went to the second floor. I slipped into my seat, waiting for him to walk in.

I looked out the window from my seat, seeing the gorgeous overview of the city. As I was doing so, I heard the bell ring and late footsteps walking in. He's here, fuck. He walked down my aisle, sliding into his seat, which was adjacent to mine.

The teacher explained the warm-up we would be writing. Free write. I anxiously got out my notebook and pen and started writing. In the middle of my story, I had gotten writer's block. I looked around the room, thinking of what to write next, my head stopped in the direction of his face. He seemed to have been stuck as well, his eyes looking around.

I suddenly had my idea and started writing again, I felt eyes staring at me. I could see them. I looked over at him, his eyes staring straight into mine, and mine into his. His smile, it was big across his face. I couldn't resist smiling back. The 4 seconds of contact felt like 4 minutes.

As soon as he made eye contact with me, he knew what his story would consist of. I looked over to his paper, seeing the words: beautiful, girl, left, me. I thought to myself, "don't assume it's about you, it could be about another girl." That didn't do fucking shit. It made me even more anxious.

I scratched my work, and wrote something different. Something along the lines of:

Brown, hazel, yellow, and orange.

The two orbs that showed the light in him.

They are a mixture of those colors, a beautiful mixture.

To you, they could be brown, but to me they were golden.

So captivating, I could stare into them for days, weeks, months, even years.

Today, they stared into mine for 2 seconds, I could see the smile, not only on his face, but in his eyes.

That made me smile and he smiled back.

He wanted to share his story and the teacher allowed it. He had no shame in pointing out who he was talking about in his short free write. 

Ethan's POV
"Beautiful, an adjective to describe her.

Wavy, dark brown hair that glimmers red in the light.

Golden brown eyes, god, what a gift those are.

Blush lips, how plump and voluptuous.

These are the few things I saw today that describe a girl.

And that girl, sits to the left of me." I said. I could see out of the corner of my eye, her cheeks becoming red.

I felt bad for pointing her out, but I had to. She's gorgeous and I needed her to know that.

The bell rang, the class that I wanted to stay in forever, was over.

I walked out of the classroom and made my way over to the supply closet. No, I'm not going to have a quickie with her in the supply closet, what the fuck? I'm not that shallow, I actually care about the girl's damn feelings, thank you very much.

Lily walked out of the classroom and was walking towards the flight of stairs when I pulled her into the closet.

Lily's POV
All I felt was a pull and suddenly I was in a closet. Of course the most intimidating person was standing directly in front of me. His eyes were locked on me, I couldn't bring my head up. I was too scared and anxious to even look him in the eye. My once reddened cheeks quickly became red again.

"Please don't be afraid of me. I may be a senior, but I don't bite." Ethan hummed.

"I just-I loved the free write you did. Does that make me shallow, considering it was about me? Or at least I think it was about me?" I explained.

"No, it was definitely about you and you're not shallow. I truly do think you're gorgeous." he replied. My tongue was tied, I couldn't form a sentence to say. In my head all I could think was, "what if he softly pushes you up against this wall and gently kisses you right here?"

As I had that thought, it was as if time became slow. Ethan had slowly, but softly pushed me against the wall. "I'm about to have my first fucking kiss right here, right now." I thought. My mind was screaming at me.

I was still looking down, his hand pulled my chin up and caressed my cheek. I looked him in the eye as his lips came closer and closer. Finally, I felt his lips touch mine and it was pure bliss. I couldn't believe that he liked me. He pulled away and I could see his prominent smile. I smiled back, showing him that I loved it.

"Maybe you should pull me into the supply closet more." I said, and with that I escaped the mangy room, heading off to my next class.

Ethan's POV
She did not just leave me hanging like that. I love a tease. God, I can't wait to hold her and call her mine. Maybe not right now, but soon. Plenty of seniors date freshmen, it's not weird at all. In fact, Grayson, my brother is dating one right now.

–later that evening–

School had ended a while ago and I was parked at the local cafe. I opened the clear glass door and the overhead bell chimed. I looked around seeing if anyone had taken my table, number 8. No one did and so I sat in my usual spot.

A few minutes pass by and the waitress comes over and is ready to take my order. I ask politely for a medium hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. I looked up and saw Lily, right away the smile on my face grew.

"Thank you, Lils." I said softly. She walked away with my order and it took all of me not to smack her butt. I didn't want to seem like a little horndog that only likes her for her boobs or ass.

Barely anyone was in the cafe, so Lily decided to sit with me when she came back with my hot chocolate. Her boss didn't mind and thought we were cute sitting there in the same booth together. She sat with her legs across mine and her head on my chest.

We talked for a few hours and she looked around seeing that we were the only two left in the cafe. She expressed her love and passion for many hobbies and I sat there, listening to every word. Her voice is something I could listen to for hours on end.

Lily's POV
Ethan had taken out his phone to take random candids of me because I was laughing so hard at the stories of him and Grayson. Once he was done, he set his phone on the table and I decided to put my number into his contacts. After listening to his voice for a long time, I decided I needed to go.

"I had lots of fun, thank you Ethan for making me happy, even when you didn't know it." I smiled.

"Anything for you beautiful." he murmured. I got off of him and I looked him in the eyes. As intimidated as I was by this, I impulsively kissed him. I pulled back and grinned bigger than ever. Ethan hugged me and whilst doing so, he lifted me off the ground. 

"Text me later." I whispered into his ear, walking away. 

Never would I have thought that the "Senior" would like the "Freshman."