turn of events

she was always right. she was about as perfect as any person could be – or so it seemed.

she was in the top of the class. her answers were always right, and even if they weren't, she'd find a way to make them so.

she was a music prodigy. she could sing anything, with or without music, hitting every pitch and rhythm correctly.

she played a mean game of soccer, always scoring goals, stealing passes from the other team.

all of these gifts, yet she wasn't happy.

soccer was never really her thing. one day, she said maybe she'll snap her leg and quit the team.

a week later, she was in the hospital with a full leg cast.

she was passionate when it came to music, but she decided the pressure was too much. the competition, the auditioning. she said maybe she'll get sick and lose her voice.

only five days later, she was diagnosed with severe laryngitis.

her grades were always in pristine condition, so perfect they were almost tangible. she had stayed up all night to study for a test, saying maybe she'll fail it.

the results came back three days later, and she received the worst grade of her class.

she said maybe that test wasn't the end of the bad grades she will receive. she dropped to an uncountable rank in her class.

but after losing soccer and music and now her grades, she said maybe she won't come to school.

she was found dead that night, slain by her own hand.

~~~~~

this is just a random story, longer than a drabble. it's sort of cliché, but there's some underlying message in there somewhere – i think. anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this!