Chapter 1

Walking along the dirt path leading to the Pink Palace, you stopped at the old wooden sign. Pushing up your black sunglasses, they were kinda falling down the slope of your nose. Might need to start duc-taping them. You've been away for such along time, you missed your home, you wonder if your mother is still wounded about you decision of leaving without her knowing. It made you feel bad, regret feeling your very being everyday. But she was sufficating you too much, maybe because she was alone for the longest time. Shaking the thoughts from your head, the grip on your backpack tightening. With a quick jerk of the bag, you made your way towards the old victorian house. You had passed by a boy whose head was turned to the side slightly, that was kinda weird. You had recently rented the last room, towards the back. It was a small farm house that was coverted into a guest room. Passing by many trees that were bare and apppeared to be dead, you remember a time when they used to flourish with apples, maybe some with pears. You soon stopped infront of your destination, setting the dufflebag beside the normal looking door. They changed the farm house quite a bit, must've remolded it for it to have "living standers". You've been away fo so long, alot seems to hve changed over time. Coraline was currently walking around, cat following after her. She seemed to be enjoying herself, she and her dad got done watering the garden and now she's currently walked around. Not a care in a world, she no longer had to worry about the evil button witch. She then stopped seeing you, you looked to be fiddling with something.

"Hello?" You slightly jumped out of your skin, not actually, but still. Quickly spinning around on your heels to face the person who spoke, a sigh of relief left you.

"You scared me. Haven't had that happen in a long time." You murmured the last part as you turned away to go back to what you were doing before, the blue haired girl came closer, looking at a small keychain with a little more then a couple of keys.

"Just trying to find the right key." A brow raised upon the young girl's face as you tried different ones on the lock,

"It would be more easier to label them." A soft chuckle left you as a small smile tugged at the corner of your mouth,

"No kidding." Maybe you should do that, make it more eaiser on yourself. Coraline rocked on her heels,

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you here before." You found the right key, the door became unlocked, you mentally cheered iyour mind.

"Kinda, I'm fimilar with the area." Opening the door just ever so slightly, about to walk in, but he stopped and looked over at the girl. "Uh, I-I'll see you around." With that said, you walked in, the door shutting behind you. Tossing your backpack onto the dusty wooden tabletop, it was small and round. Then there was knocking, groaning in annoyance, you opened the door to reveal Coraline. A brow raised upon your face as your eyes glanced down, seeing the dark green dufflebag.

"I think you forgot this." She lifted it a little higher, "May I come in?" You really don't want to, but you wanted be a kind host, moving out of the way. "Thank you." And like that she waled inside, "where do you want me to put this?" Reclosing the door as you turned to her,

"Anywhere. Not fully moved in just yet. So.. Yeah. Who are you?" You asked as you made your way to the plastic sheet covered couch, she sat on the chair's side, because it was toppled over during the last time you came here.

"Coraline Jones. And you are?" You didn't really have a name, you were always referred to as 'Son' or 'Other Son', but you always like this certain name you've been using for acouple of centuries, but always chaning the name ever so slightly so others don't become suspicious.

"______ ________, nice to - uh- meet you Coraline. Is there anything I could get you, I might have some soda with me.." To make sure you were correct, you lazily reached for your bookbag, feeling it slightly pull your arm down. Setting it down beside you, the zipper was already undone, you must've forgotten about that. Inside was indeed three bottles of (Fav Pop), a ziplock bag of cookies, banana, and a large bag of (Fav Chips).