Why did he choose me?

Hi my name is Dani Evens. I'm not the most "popular" girl at Rosewood High, infact not even close. I have three best friends, my only friends. These are Sabrina, Alana, and Mitch. Sabrina is one of the prettiest girls at school, god I wish I looked like her. She is in perfect shape, has auburn hair, and blue eyes. All the boys in school have asked her out. Alana is pretty too, just not as pretty. She has a good shape too, blonde hair, and brown eyes. Mitch is my very good looking, blonde friend, with blue eyes. Every girl in school drools over him. I could never like him though, he is my best friend and next door neighbor. That would be really weird.

Well, I guess I forgot to describe myself. I'm not ugly or gorgeous, just average. I have brown hair, brown eyes, and a body I accept. I've never had a boyfriend, even though Sabrina is trying so hard to get me one, she wanted me to go out with Mitch, but I refused. So after the thousandth time she asked who I was interested in, I told her the new guy in school. Bryce, Bryce Adams. I saw him when we were in math class, and he got his name called. But, I've never spoken to him. Another girl though, the meanest girl in our school, has. This girl, is Sarah Banks. I think she is interested in him too, and she gets what she wants. Speaking of the devil...

"Watch where you're walking, troll!" Sarah yelled at me. I accidently bumped into her as I was walking to my locker.

"Oh s-sorry."

"You better be."

"I wasn't watching w-where I w-was going."

"Tell me seething I don't know." she snickered. I really, really wanted to hit her.

"Dani, over here." Called Sabrina from her locker down the hall. Thank god she called me, I thought I was gonna die.

"Thanks for helping me out back there." I tell her

"No problem, you can't let people talk to you like that."

"I know."

"Hey guys." Alana says as she runs over. I don't need everyone to know what just happened.

"Hey." Sabrina and I say in sync. Of course now Mitch is walking towards us. I especially don't want him to worry about me, he is so protective. If you didn't go to our school, you'd think we were dating.

"How are my three favorite ladies doing?" Mitch asks us. I chuckle and so do Sabrina and Alana. But then Sabrina gets serious.

"Tell him." She says firmly. "And Alana."

"Fine, I let Sarah be bitchy to me." I say. I can see in his face he is disappointed in me, and I wonder why he is even my friend. He could be friends with all the "popular" kids if he wanted. Now I can hear them talking to me, but I can't make out the words because I'm thinking to hard, so I just run down the hall, without knowing where I was going. Mitch chases me, and then I bump into someone who falls on top of me. This time, it's not Sarah, it's...Bryce.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I apologize. He looks at me with his dreamy green eyes, god he has such adorable eyes.

"It's totally fine, besides I fell on you. I should be sorry...do I know you.?"

"Well we've never spoken, but maybe you saw me in math class, we have that together."

"Cool, well I'll see you in-."

"Dani! Are we walking home together still?" Asks Mitch from across the hall. Damn, why did it have to be right now! Bryce was talking to me.

"Yes Mitch, sorry I have to go Bryce." I say as I run to Mitch.

"Ok, but wait, what's your name?" Says Bryce

"Dani, Dani Evens." I call back.

"Dani." I hear him say to himself. "That's a really pretty name." While Mitch and I walked home, I could tell he wanted to ask about Bryce, but he didn't. Instead he told me about all the homework he had, and how much he needs to study. Then he asks something we usually decide later in the day.

"Who's house are we eating at tonight?"

"I don't know, yours I guess. I want to go over there." I told him. Then we were at our house and said goodbye, I kissed him on the cheek, and thought to myself about the perfect girl for him. I need to find her, he's such a great guy and deserves the perfect girl. When I get in my house my mother isn't there,and there is a note on the fridge that explains that my mother went out on a date and will be home tomorrow morning. Of course she won't, she is almost never home. I run upstairs and put down all my stuff, when I get a text from Alana.

"Do you like Bryce?" Oh god, how does she know? Did Sabrina tell her? God, I'll kill her. I didn't want everyone to know.

"Is it that obvious? :("

"Kind of, that's so cute. Do Mitch and Sabrina know?" Good, Sabrina didn't tell.

"I told Sabrina, but not Mitch. I'll do that now that everyone else knows. Bye."

"You go girl." I put my shoes back on, go down the stairs, outside and to Mitch's house. God he'll freak, he's so protective, it's annoying. But I still love him. I run into his house without knocking, I can do that because I pretty much live here.

"Mitch, it's Dani." I call.

"Really, I thought it was someone else that busts into my house without knocking." He says jokingly.

"Haha. I want to tell you something, I'm coming upstairs."

"Ok." Mitch says. I walk up the stairs to his room and just open the door. He doesn't care if I just barge in, we have almost no secrets whatsoever.

"Mitch, I like Bryce." I say. Surprisingly he doesn't say anything, but he looks at me like he is very sad.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope you guys like this chapter, if anyone reads it. Tell me if it's too short or long. I'll post a chapter or two a day.