Diagnosed

In some deep part of me, I had always wanted a disease. I wanted a disease just to see if anyone actually cared about me, if all my relations were a lie. I wished and wished I would have some weird, rare, life-threatening  disease. I guess all my wishing came true, due to this hospital bed I am sitting in.

My name is Abby Wilson. I have stage 3 brain cancer so I am worse off than some of the other seemingly rare people who also have brain cancer.

Although, the events that led up to me finding out I had brain cancer were pretty funny, it still sucks.

It was Sunday and I was at church, singing in the choir when, suddenly, I got a horrible headache. I fell to my knees in pain, making the rest of the choir stop singing.

Tears rolled down my cheeks due to the pain that seemed to be growing worse by the minute.

"Satan, Satan has got her!" Someone exclaimed.

Once I got enough strength to look up, I did and I found that it was Gary Morrison, the boy who hated church and claimed he did not believe in god or the bible. His face was mocking, as was his tone.

Everyone ignored Gary, except for me. I stared into his eyes, appreciating his humor, even cracked a painful smile.

"Oh no Satan's got me," I had said before my vision went black.

I woke up in a hospital bed. I had been out for seven hours. It would have been less time if the hospital did not give me a sedative so that they could do the MRI without me waking up in the middle of it and panicking.

The nurse who was waiting in there called in a doctor who called in my parents. Right when they walked in, I noticed they were crying.

"Abby, when you were passed out, we did an MRI on you to find out why you passed out. The results showed something unusual and something you may find shocking but you need to not panic."

Oh yeah, tell me that so I can panic before you tell me then completely freak out when you tell me. I did not like this doctor.

"You have a tumor, in your brain. This means you have brain cancer."

I freaked out a bit but looking back I cannot figure out why my parents were crying. I was the one with brain cancer and I wasn't crying. Frozen in shock, yes. Crying, no.

So I sat there, until my parents and the doctor left. Even then, I sat there which led me to this position right now.

A knocking came from the door.

"Come in," I said in reply.

My mom walked through the door, her eyes red from crying, and sat down.

"Honey," she said, "you realize you cannot go to school until it gets better."

Oh, how disappointing. I guess I will just have to do the most horrible thing ever which is binge-watching Grey's anatomy.

"I do, now that you told me."

My mom shook her head before looking at me, bursting into tears and exiting the room. How comforting knowing that my health is so bad that my mom can't even look at me.

I sighed, turning off the light that lit up my hospital room and laying down, letting myself drift from consciousness.