Prologue

Do you ever feel like you don't belong? Even in the place you have grown up in? Well, I do. The name's Adelaine. Delia for short. 

I live on Saint Row, though I'm far from being a Saint. Okay, I lied. I live on Saint Road, in Nettie, West Virginia. (Yes i actually looked to see if there was a saint row, and there wasnt so i went with the closest thing to it.) I am the only one on my street who isn't a perfect little angel. At least I thought I was. 

:::

"Mother, I'm heading out," I shouted from the front door. My mom is always so inquisitive, so I waited until she questioned where I was going. 

"Where to, sweetheart?" She gave me that really confused, yet loving and sad look. How can she gives me one look that means so many different things?

"To Katie's. Movie night, remember? Every Saturday," I huffed. I pulled my book bag up higher on my shoulder since it was slipping. 

"Oh, right. Be good, dear." She kissed my forehead and shut the door after I walked out. 

I'm actually going to a party...at Katie's house. So I mean, I didn't lie. 

Ten minutes of walking, and I arrived on her porch. I let myself in, like she had told me to. Since I couldn't get all dressed up without my mom yelling at me, I went straight to the bathroom and changed. 

I took of my sweatpants and hoodie and changed into short shorts and a muscle shirt. I did my smokey eyes with small wings, and added some lip gloss. I put my black converse back on, and headed to the kitchen to get a drink. The party hasn't really started yet, so I just drank some orange juice and ate some chips.

"Delia, this is Luke. He will be performing tonight with his band. Performers arrive early, I guess." She patted his shoulders, and left us alone. 

I like his style; ripped skinny jeans with a black Rolling Stones t-shirt, black converse, and a red beanie to match the lips on his shirt.  He also had a lip piercing and some tattoos. 

"Where do you live," he asked me. I debated on telling him or not, but what have I got to lose?

"Saint Row. What about you? I reckon you don't live on the same street considering everyone there are Saints? Except for me." I looked into his eyes. God, they're so blue.

He chuckled. "Actually, I do. I thought I was the only one like...well like us."

This time I laughed. I can't believe I didn't know of this. I know everyone in this town. I was the only one like this; an outcast, if you might. "I.... Are you new in town? I mean, I know everyone in this town, and I was the only... 'black sheep' on that street."

"Nope. I was born and raised on that very street." He was going to add something, but he got cut off by a guy with dyed hair.

"Luke, it's our turn," he rushed. Luke gave him an 'okay' before continuing to me. 

"Anyways, I'll see ya 'round? Call me." He slipped a small piece of paper in my hand with his name and number on it. 

Do guys always come prepared with their name and numbers on a folded piece of paper for parties? 'Cause I swear, most of the time they already have their info down. Maybe they're just lazy, and want it to be a quick exchange so they can keep having 'fun' right after. Who knows.

:::

It's short, but I have got some juicy plans for the actual first chapter. Plus it's a day early. And HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING!!