Spirit lead me

Grayson runs beside me. Our legs have never moved so fast before. I guess they never really had
good reason too. Except now, because of the building going up in fire and a group of masked guys shooting innocent people, they do. I can't distinguish the steady sounds of the machine guns to the raged thumping of my heart. My head hurts from all the noise, but I can finally see the road and the forest behind it. I can feel it beckoning me, whispering that it's safe between its lush trees. I haven't craved anything so badly before. 

Grayson hesitates when he reaches the side of the road, stopping to check if I'm still following, but just as I meet in there, he charges forward. I follow him. As soon as we swipe past the first tree the atmosphere changes. The air clears and the noise dulls, like my ears get stuffed with cotton. Grayson and I are a few meters into the forest when he suddenly stops and I can't see him anymore. My head spins and I can't focus on anything, like my eyes are rolling around in my head. Before I know it, the ground is suddenly rushing at me with intense speed and finally, we meet.

-

When I wake up everything's the same. I'm still lying in the same place that I was in when I fell asleep. The only difference is that leaves, fallen from the great branches sheltering me above, have formed a thick barrier around me. When I sit up I realise I'm weak and hungry. "Grayson?" I whisper harshly. I hear a rustle not too far away from me. I don't move. Have I just woken up Grayson, or have I just woken up some hungry, vicious wilderness beast? 

Suddenly, I see him. I see Grayson walking towards me. I realise that I am holding my breath, and I release my lungs with relief. The air smells like pine. Grayson, he's yanking me to my feet. Even though I'm trying to act strong, I know Grayson can feel the weakness in my body. Nevertheless, he shows no sign of it. It's like I'm a puppet on strings, only now the strings have snapped and I'm completely useless. Grayson walks in front of me effortlessly while I struggle to stay alive, my only impulsion to keep breathing being my beating heart. Regardless of how much I hate it, regardless of how dead the rest of my body is, my mind is working one-hundred percent, like it's a fully charged battery. It wanders to memories I wish never existed. It wanders to yesterday...

-

My mind doesn't remember much, only the most terrifying and scarring of memories. I remember a huge swarm of men in white masks charging through the doors of Kingsley Bay's High School cafeteria. They were holding huge machine guns and certainly weren't waiting for an invitation to use them. They started shooting. The room shook with all the screams coming from the students and all the roars coming from the men. 

We all crouched and squashed underneath the tables, some of us crying. I heard screaming. Not screams of panic-stricken students, not screams of horror, not even screams of sorrow. I heard screams of fear, and they were coming from me. 

Suddenly, I saw Grayson. I jumped up and ran towards him. We ran for the doors together and miraculously made it out of the cafeteria alive. We started running towards the school's gates, where we knew there was a road, but more importantly, a forest opposite that road. A small chunk of ground exploded to my left and a pile of dust puffed from the ground in its place. "Someone is shooting at me!" I screamed. Maybe Grayson didn't hear me, or maybe he did, but either way, he kept running. In that moment of horror, I ran for my life.

-

After walking for half an hour, we finally cross the gates of Kingsley Bay's High School. I enter the school and walk through a spectral landscape littered with masks and clothes, the walls painted with blood. There is death in every corner. I can almost smell it. I walk into the cafeteria and I instantly regret it. It looks like a Nazi death camp. I dig through the tables and chairs, not really sure why my hands insist on doing so. 

Suddenly, my eyes hook a familiar face and my heart drops. I instantly whip my head around to prove myself wrong, that it's impossible that dead boy is Grayson because he is here, with me, now. But there's no Grayson. 

There never was. 

He was alive in my world, but dead in his. 

His spirit leads me. 

Forever and always, my brothers love. 

THIS IS THE END LOVES!

ITS A SHORT STORY

IF YOU WANT MORE THEN COMMENT!!

PEACE BABES