Prologue

"All in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?" Two people raised their hands. "All in favor of conviction?" It was clear from the start. Although the claims made against him were false, Harry Potter had been convicted of breaching the International Statute of Secrecy. He had performed underage magic in front of a Muggle. Now he awaited his sentence. "Mr. Harry James Potter. You are accused of breaching the International Statute of Secrecy and performing underage magic in front of a Muggle. You have been proven guilty of the charges made against you. You will be expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, your wand will be destroyed, and you will be sentenced to three months in Azkaban. You may return home tonight to say your goodbyes. If you attempt to escape, your sentence will be extended to five years." Harry was defeated. He had expected to be expelled, but Azkaban? For underage magic? "Ms. Umbridge, please retrieve Mr. Potter's wand." Umbridge went into a back room, where Harry's wand was being kept. She emerged with the wand, and presented it to Fudge. "Destructo!" Fudge yelled as he blasted the wand. But the wand was being held by Umbridge. And the spell did destroy the wand, but it burnt Umbridge's face as well. Fudge immediately called for a Healer, then turned to Harry, his face red, "For an attempt to murder my senior secretary, your stay in Azkaban has been extended to a life sentence. You will not be permitted to go home tonight." Suddenly, a pair of Aurors had appeared, "Immobilia!" one shouted. Harry couldn't move. The Aurors each took one of his arms, and he found that he was subjected to every move they forced him into. They carried him out of the courtroom to a Portkey. They touched the Portkey with him, and soon they were spiraling through space, towards a hell on earth.