one

Harper POV
"Next!" A bellowing, masculine voice shouted from the room facing opposite. I parted from the line of girls and confidently walked up to the wooden door. I reached for the handle but it turned before my fingers could grip the doorknob. The door swung open and a girl stormed out, irritation present on her facial expression. I continued and walked through the doorway into the plain, beige room.

Anxiety consumed my body as I quickly examined the melancholy people sat behind a long desk. I walked to the centre of the table and placed down my headshots before returning to an 'X' marked on the cream carpet. "Name." Bluntly stated a woman sat near the end of the table.
"Harper Marie Johnson." I replied through a placid smile.
"Age?"
"22." The producers examined my body top to bottom with emotionless expressions planted on their faces. A few mumbles were exchanged as I stood frozen. "Here's the deal sweetheart, this is Hollywood. You are auditioning to be Charlie Puth's fake girlfriend and actress in his music video. This is purely to give him exposure." A lanky man spoke, staring right at my eyes.
"I didn't know I was auditioning for this, I was told it was for a music video," I blurted out, confusion plastered all over my face.
"Well, you are here now and you can take the job or it will be given to another girl." The same man snapped back. My mind ticked like a bomb and I spontaneously made a decision. "I accept the offer."
"Good, now you will be 'dating' for a few months. The time period is still being deciphered but don't worry about that. This will include; Instagram photos, public appearances and press interviews. It will start with you two being close in public, then you will be instructed on what happens next. You will be paid in monthly instalments and you are expected to be given many opportunities in the limelight. We will call you in a few days to discuss some other legal things but other than that, you have the part. We will speak in a few days." The exact same man explained. I stood in shock as I realised what I signed up for.
"Dismiss yourself." A woman spoke, shooing me out of the room.

I drove home and my mind was racing with thoughts. I have to pretend to be Charlie Puth's girlfriend. Every part of my mind was screaming at me for going against any moral I once had but my body was pumping with a constant supply of adrenaline.