Prologue

Harry was looking at himself in the full body mirror, readjusting his bow tie for what had to be the fiftieth time. He had to look his Sunday best. Anything less simply wouldn't do. Harry and his family were ready to go to church, Robin, his stepfather, being the preacher, so of course they couldn't be late. He grabbed his bible, biting his lip gently as he opened his book to page 94, which contained his absolute favorite verse.

2 Thessalonians 3:3
"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

Harry recited the verse under his breath softly, a smile growing on his lips. The world was full of temptation and evil just waiting to snatch its next victim. He enjoyed to read the verse every morning to know the Lord would protect him in everything he did. 

"Harry? Come on love, we don't want to be late!" Anne called out as she stood in the kitchen, grabbing her clutch that was on the counter by the sink. She loved to attend her husbands' church and hear the word of God. But this Sunday morning, she was even more excited. Her best friend, Jay, had told her she would attend the service and hopefully be able to get her troubled son to come with her. She was definitely more excited to see Jay rather than that boy of hers. Anne scrunched her face together at the mere thought of her son because that boy was an STD walking. She shuddered softly, turning to the staircase when she saw her beautiful boy coming down the stairs. Anne was ever so thankful she had such a good boy. "My handsome baby." She cooed softly, reaching over and pinching at his cheeks.

Harry's cheeks flushed and he smiled over at her as he held his bible firmly. "Mum....I'm not a baby. I'm a young man." He said with a stout nod.

"Yes you are." Anne smiled, bringing her hands to his shoulders to clear any wrinkles away. "My handsome young man." She corrected with a soft hum as she kissed his cheek. "Now, let's go and have a great Sunday service."

Harry walked over to the couch and grabbed his guitar case, his most prized possession nestled securely inside. He only performed at church because if it wasn't for the Lord, he wouldn't have been gifted with such an incredible voice. So he decided he would only perform for the Lord. Harry held his bible in one hand, his case in the other as he walked out to their Range Rover, ready to conquer the beautiful day ahead of them.

-

Jay sighed out quietly as she made her way up the stairs to her sons' room, honestly scared for what she might catch him doing. She's already caught him messing around with five boys, drinking alcohol, blaring music with such foul language, and smoking both cigarettes and weed in his room which she had told him endless times to not smoke in her house. Not like he listened to her. Louis didn't listen to anyone.  He didn't have any respect for anyone. So Jay had the idea that maybe. Just maybe if she could get Louis into church, he'd hear something that would help him. "Louis? Love, come on. I'm gonna take you to church this morning." Jay said softly as pushed the door open, gasping at the sight of her son. "Louis Tomlinson!"

Louis was sitting cross legged on his bed, his eyebrows furrowed together tightly in concentration as he rolled the fresh blunt tight, his lighter waiting beside him. It was never to early to get a nice high in. Besides, who could fucking stop him? He was 19, he could do damn well whatever he pleased. Louis looked up when he head his mothers voice, his eyebrow raised. "Yes? That's what you've said is my name."

Jay clenched her jaw and shook her head as she went over to him, reaching down and grabbing the blunt. "What have I told you endless times about this! What if your little brother or sister get ahold of this!" She exclaimed.

"Give me that back! That cost me money!" Louis looked at her incredulously and held his hand out. "Then keep the little rats out of my room." He said simply.

Jay shook her head and went into his bathroom, tossing the blunt in the toilet and flushing it quickly. What ever happened to her sweet boy? The spunky little boy who was her best friend? They were so close when Louis was younger. But when he started high school, that was when it all changed. Louis came home from school one day and locked himself away in his room. Ever since then, he's just gotten worse and worse. Louis just stopped caring about everything and everyone.

"You bitch!" Louis exclaimed, standing up and rushing into the bathroom and grabbing her arm. "You wouldn't like it if I took your jewelry and flushed it down the fucking toilet!" He snapped, shaking his head furiously. "Get out of my fucking face right now." Louis breathed, his hands clenched tightly at his sides as he went into his bedroom.

Jay swallowed thickly as she listened to her son talk to her in such a vulgar manner. When he first started to act out like this, Jay fought back. She fought back with everything she had. But now? Now she was just so tired of fighting. All she wanted was her son back. She looked down at her hands, pursing her lips together tightly. "I want you ready in five minutes. We're going regardless." Jay said softly before she left the room. She was going to get her son back. No matter what it took.

~~~

Finally! I really do hope you enjoy this book! I'm very excited as to where it's going to go! This prologue was more of an introduction to Louis and Harry, the story will begin in the next chapter. I will try to post updates on every Wednesday!

Opinions on the personalities?

Thanks so much for reading xxx ❤️❤️❤️