Epilogue

~ In the views of Maya Hart ~

Summer. Summer break.

All of our classmates are either going to the beach, hanging out at the pool, or going away to another state. Summer break is supposed to be the three months where you live life to the fullest before school overtakes you once more.

Riley cajoled me into going to California with her, even though I just wanted to stay home. She always wanted to get the chance to meet a celebrity, and act like she was one. I thought she only wanted to go because some of our classmates were going to California as well, too.

We started packing after the last day of school. I made Riley agree letting Kayla come with us too, as a treat for all she did for me. At my 'house', I packed up all I needed: A bunch of clothes, shoes, my toothbrush, my makeup, and other things. To be honest, I was pretty excited to see California. It would be a change to see something other than the busy streets of New York.

Kayla came upstairs to my room. "I just wanted to say thank you for taking me to California along with you and Riley," She said, sitting down on the edge of my bed. I sat down next her, tired of doing all my packing.

"No problem. You're practically my sister, and this is just my thank you gift for everything you did for me," I said, giving her a small smile. "I should be thanking you, so I am. Thank you, Kayla." Kayla gave me a side hug, and I hugged her back.

Kayla was like my sister, but also like a mom. My actual mother rarely gave me affection like that.

Kayla stood up and headed for my door. "I should let you continue packing. I still have to pack, too," she said before leaving my room. I called Riley and asked her to come over to help me, since she already finished her packing a week ago.

When she saw how my room was a mess, she shook her head as if she was disappointed.

"Maya, Maya, Maya," she said, a smile creeping onto her face. I gave her a fake look of alarm, putting my hand up to stop her. "Whoa! There is no reason to three Maya me. I'm not a neat freak like you, Riles," I said, smirking.

Before I knew it, Riley was separating all my things into different piles to make my room more organized. She brought a duffel bag along with her, so she put some clothes in it. I grabbed my  satchel and put small things in it, like my makeup, my toothbrush, my camera, and other necessities.

Riley and I put the rest of the clothes and my swimsuits in my main suitcase. Half an hour later, all my things were packed in a duffel bag, a suitcase, and a satchel. We were going to be in California for about four weeks, so I had to bring a lot of stuff.

"Well, that wasn't hard at all! What do you want to do now?" Riley said, sprawling herself over my bed. I laughed before laying down on top of her. She grunted. "I just want to take a nap. This packing thing was tiring," I muttered before closing my eyes.

~ The next day ~

When I woke up, Riley wasn't there anymore. I soon realized today was the day we were going to the airport for our flight. I was pretty much late. "Maya, hurry up!" Kayla yelled from downstairs. I quickly brushed my teeth and got dressed in a red flannel and jeans. I grabbed my suitcase and put my duffel and my satchel on my shoulders. Before I forgot, I grabbed my phone and my hairbrush. Then, I rushed downstairs with difficulty.

Kayla and I got in her car and we went to LaGuardia Airport as fast as we could.  Riley and her family were already there, of course. Topanga handed Kayla and I our tickets.

"Peaches! You didn't brush your hair!" Riley said before we both burst out laughing. Other people in the airport stared at us, but I didn't care.

It was finally time to board the plane. Kayla, Riley, and I went into a row behind Riley's family and we took our seats. I put on my travel pillow and laid my head back on the seat. I was super tired, even thought I slept in for a few extra minutes.