The Lost Cities

"Hey Fitz!" Sophie says happily as she walks into telepathy on Monday morning. "Hey Soph." Fitz says. "What's up?"
"Nothing much. Just in telepathy class." Sophie said.
"Same." Fitz agreed.
"Oh, the council wants us to go on an assignment. It's something about a leaping crystal getting lost there. They don't want a human to come across it."
"When do they want us to go?" Sophie asked.
"After school." Fitz responded.
"Ok. Meet you at Everglen?" Sophie said.
"Yep, now what's our lesson today?"

-------------------
Sophie met Fitz at Everglen.
"Hey Fitz."
"Hey Soph. Ready to go?"
"Yep, lets do this." Sophie said confidently.
They leaped to the human world.
"Do you know where we are?" Fitz asked.
"Yep, we're in New York." Sophie said. "Ok we are going to Manhattan, to that really dirty river." Fitz said. "Ok, lets go." Sophie said. "They said the crystal is on the banks of the really dirty river, not sure what it's called. Than we are supposed to throw the other leaping crystal in the river." Fitz said. "Ok, here we are." Sophie said. They had arrived and they saw a gleaming in the grass. "Wow, that was easy." Sophie said throwing the crystal in the water.
But while Sophie was throwing the crystal in the water she slipped. Fitz went to catch her, but the leaping crystal that came to New York with slipped out of his hand, and into the river. The current quickly carried it away. But Fitz did catch Sophie.
"Thanks Fitz. Lets go oh- Oh no."
Fitz's eyes were wide with shock.
"What are we gonna do? I don't have my home crystal. Do you?" He asked Sophie, stressed.
"Um, I don't." Sophie said.
"We're stuck." Fitz said.