Prologue

The Thorne and the Black family have always  been close.

Therefore it was no big surprise that the kids got along well too. Especially the youngest ones of the same age: Greyson Thorne and Alice Black. They led the most protected and peaceful life until they were 11. 

Then Greyson's world seemed to collapse. What he had cared about the most had been taken away from him over night. And he couldn't do anything against it. Everything went wrong. He felt so devastated that he pushed everyone away from him. But Alice didn't let herself get pushed away. She stayed with Greyson, trying to be his bridge over troubled waters, something that he could hold on to. 

She helped him with all she had and eventually Greyson would come to terms with what had happened.

But their friendship wasn't the same anymore.

When the summer holidays had arrived, the Thorne family had spent most of their vacation in Finland in order to try to get back the cohesion of the family. After two months of radio silence between Alice and Greyson, their loss of contact continued after the holidays, when they had different classes and made different friends. 

While Alice was happy with her 2-3 friends and spending all of her free time reading books or writing stories herself, Greyson on the other hand, became one of the popular guys. He got part of the school's football team and hung out with all the "cool kids". 

It came to the point where they simply didn't talk anymore. They did not even great each other on the hallways anymore. 

But they would never forget each other.