It's There

Charlie was at the store when he met the girl of his dreams. He looked at her, and knew she was the one. His mother was getting beef for their dinner when he walked over to greet her. "Hello! I am Charlie. What's your name?" "Jane..." she whispered. "Nice to meet you! I honestly think you're really cute and I wouldn't let this chance pass." She giggled. "Would you like to attend me on a date this Friday?" "Yes." Little did Charlie know...
He had just made the worst mistake of his life.

Later that night, he decided to eat a snack, as it was 11 pm and he was hungry.
It was a Monday night, and he had school tomorrow, but he usually stayed up late no matter what event was to occur the next day.
He sat down and ate his sandwich.
He crunched while watching his favorite late-night show on television.
Before he knew it, the sandwich was gone.
He laid the plate on the table and laid down to relax.
Charlie was out cold in the matter of an instant...

He woke up at 6:02 am.
The sun was rising, and he knew something was different...
Almost like someone was in his house, and not his mom.
He got up and went to the bathroom.
Attempting to turn on the light, he got no response from the bulb.
Thinking the bathroom lights might be blown, he ran around the rest of the house to check those lights.
No response.
He knew the power has went out.
But why?
He walked slowly around the foyer into the living room, the floor creaking behind him.
His heart pounding, he entered his mother's room and asked if he could stay in there, since he was already scared for his life.
"Yes, just shut the door and get your side of the bed set up."
He eased over to the door, slammed it, and locked it. He walked over to the right side of the bed and got ready to lay down.
Praying that no monster would devour him in his sleep, he proceeded to close his eyes and relax.
"What if someone is really out there?"  he whispered to himself as he rolled over.
"Forget about it" he thought.
He heard a sound.
No ordinary sound.
One that alarmed him.
He knew something was wrong.
He pulled himself up and sat in bed.
The door was open. He slowly crept out of the bed, careful to not awake his mom nor alarm whoever was out there.
He walked over to the door, and as he got closer, he saw flashing lights bouncing off the wall from the television, which should've been off because of the lack of electricity.
He inched closer.
He saw it.
Her.
The girl.
She was standing in his hallway.
"Jane" written across the shirt she was wearing.
Blood flooded from her eyes.
Her black hair wrapped around her half of her face.
Levitating and making screeching noises.
Charlie knew he made a mistake.
And now he must pay the price.
Long story short...
Looks can be deceiving...