before....(prolouge)

I open the door to my house, and see my mother on the floor with blood coming out of the side of her head. "MOM! Are you alright? Please, just answer me.. please." I yell. I begin to cry and panic as I shakily dial 911. "Hello? My name is Elizabeth Mere, please help me! My mother is dead on the ground and I have no clue what to do. I'm only 15 and i don't have another parent. PLEASE COME QUICK!" I yell into the phone. "It's aright ma'am, don't worry we have the paramedics coming right now. It'll be a moment, alright?" I hear the woman's calm voice say on the other end of the line. "O-ok." I almost feel the world stop for a millisecond as it must be thrown off its axis.......

  The paramedics came, along with the police. They quickly found out that she could not be revived. I then was told that I had to be taken to the police department to be reviewed and questioned. They asked me questions such as: "Where were you at 2:30?" and "Do you have any other family members or close relatives?" "Of course I don't" I would answer. Then they asked me something I really did not want to answer. "Where is your biological father? Is he alive?" I had to explain that I hadn't seen my father 8 years, and that he was an alcoholic. I didn't know where he was or how they could find him. The only thing I could say was his name, which I could barely get out of my mouth. "All I know is that his name is James Mere." They paused and responded. "That's all we need to know..."