Chapter 26

I stared at the paper on my desk, sighing and rubbing my forehead. I couldn't wait to leave school.

Luke strolled into the classroom, girls looking up from their desks as he dropped his backpack on the floor and leaned in, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Hey doll." He spoke as he looked at the paper on the desk.

"Hi." I spoke, unsure of how to be with him. I hadn't seen him yesterday, since he wasn't at school, and now I had to have the conversation with him that I'd been dreading ever since I heard the rumour.

"Are you okay?" He whispered as the teacher spoke, staring at me from his seat. I sighed and nodded, giving him the best smile that I could at that moment.

**

"Hey guys." I smiled at the boys as I walked into the living room at the Brooks house.

"ALLIE!" Skip shrieked as he pulled me down onto the couch, Jai and James joining in to bundle on top of me.

"STOP!" I yelled, laughing so much that the tears were spilling out of my eyes. Skip wouldn't stop tickling me as I squirmed underneath them, my laughter uncontrollable.

"Hey, that's enough now, leave my girlfriend alone." Luke spoke loudly as he walked in, laughing at us. I sighed with relief as they climbed off of me before Luke picked me up, carrying me to the other couch before sitting us down.

"Girlfriend huh?" James grinned at us. I smiled and nodded, before I noticed Jai snickering in the corner.

"What're you laughing about?" Luke frowned.

"Oh, nothing. What were you two doing in the bedroom the other day by the way? Sounded kind of like the noises you made in the public affection video, Luke." Jai smirked as he casually watched the television. I glared at him as James and Skip snickered as well.

"Um..." I started to speak, but I didn't know what to say. How was I supposed to ask Luke this question when I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear the answer?

"What is it?" Luke looked at me. I sighed and stood up, pulling his hand and leading him up to his room. We sat on the bed, my heart pounding nervously.

"Doll?" Luke whispered from behind me as he tucked my hair behind my ear. I looked away from him, but I couldn't hold back my tears.

"Are you moving to LA?" I blurted the question out.

"What?" Luke spoke, sounding confused. I turned to him finally, as he sighed and pulled me in to his arms. "Don't cry Allie." He kissed my head. "Look, our manager is thinking about it. But even if it happens, it won't be for at least another year. We'll have finished at Penola by then, so you could even come with me." He spoke hopefully as he pulled away and looked at me. I sighed and wiped my eyes.

"Just don't leave me." I whispered.

"How could I?" He kissed me softly.

What did I know.

**

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Come in." He spoke, the sound of his familiar voice making me more and more nervous.

"Uh, hi." I breathed as I walked in. Beau turned to look at me before smiling slightly.

"Hi. You okay?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah.."

Fuck this was awkward.

I sighed and sat on the edge of his bed, looking over at him.

"I'm so sorry, Allie. I was a dick." He ran his hand through his dark hair as he adjusted his snapback. I smiled and shook my head.

"It's okay, I think we just need to forget about it. I heard you've got your eye on someone?" I smirked as I nudged his knee. He laughed and nodded.

"What can I say, I can't keep away from the ladies." He smirked. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"See, this is what I want. My best friend back." I smiled at him. He nodded before hugging me close, both of us sighing with relief.

"You better keep me updated on this girl, I want a full report." We both grinned as I stood up and walked out.

**

Luke's P.O.V

"Hey pass me my lemonade?" Daniel asked as I snapped out of my daydream. I couldn't stop thinking of the way I lied to Allie that day, the way I told her I'd never leave her.

We'd just finished another meeting with Ronnie about LA and our deal with Sony. It was supposed to be the most exciting thing that had ever happened to me, but it wasn't. Allie was, and she was also the thing that was making me feel so guilty about this.

"So we're leaving in five months?" Jai confirmed with Beau. He nodded, grinning and ruffling Jai's hair as he locked his arm around his neck.

"Aren't you excited little brother?!" He grinned. Jai laughed and pushed him off.

We were moving to LA in five months.

I was going to leave her in five months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

Comment and vote for an update, updating at 28 votes.

Thanks for reading xo