Prolouge

Small lights glimmered through the trees, showing were a small twoleg nest lay, along with a barn. A  dark brown she-cat lay in the barn loft, her body heaving. She let out  cries of agony as pain convulsed through her limbs. "Your doing just  fine" another she-cat spoke. She gently stroked the belly of the kitting  queen, her tail smoothly  gliding along her fur. "It will be easier once the first kit comes" The  she-cat promised rasping her tongue over the queens forehead and  offering her a stick. The queen groaned and attempted to clamp down on  the stick, but failed to do so as she went through a spasm. The first  kit had come, the she-cat  swiftly licked at the sack trapping the kit it until it broke, she  licked the small kit clean of any blood to reveal beautiful grey fur.  "You have a tom kit..." The she-cat whispered into the queens ear who  seemed to give a small smile before letting out another groan.

Another  half hour had gone by and the second kit was born, a tom the color of  his mother, who was still on her side letting out gasps for air. The  queen was finally able to grasp the stick in her jaws, she let out heavy  breaths, her face slightly damp from the tears she had shed. "Its  almost over, soon you will have three beautiful kits of your own" the  she-cat encouraged rubbing the queens belly. "It... hurts...so...bad"  the queen gasped writhing around in the straw, "I know, I know, it will  be over very soon, I promise". The queen let out a heavy sigh of relief  as the last kit fell into the straw.

The  other she-cat had licked the kit free, "What a pretty little kit" she  mewed placing her by her mothers belly "she brings promise" responded  the mother. "Oh yes, yes she does!" The she-cat answered "Have you come  up with any names yet Ruby?" She glanced at the queen "no, I have not" Ruby began to clean her kits as they wiggled towards her belly.

"Thankyou so much Bonny for helping me," Ruby said looking towards the other  she-cat. "It was my pleasure," Bonny purred "I just wish you would tell  me who their father was...." Bonny paused and sat down "Oh  Bonny, that doesn't matter, I have my kits now" Ruby stated "and  besides, their father probably doesn't even care that they exist."

The two she-cats sat in silence for a while. Finally Ruby broke the silence "I think  I have decided on a name for the she-kit" she announced "her name will  be Pepper, in remembrance of our mother" Bonny purred, "how wonderful,  mother would be so proud Ruby" Bonny looked up through a small break in the roof "to see you and your kits....."

(Sorry for this being so short, I promise the regular chapters will be longer)