uno

a loud blast of numerous deafening beats went off inside the small room of highschool students jeon jungkook and park jimin at 3:00 in the morning.

"aish, jungkook. i swear to god, if you dont turn off the goddamn alarm i will skin you alive..." jimin grumbled half-awake before grabbing one of his pillows and throwing it across the room, where jungkook is.

jungkook responded with a groan and blindly reached for the pillow and tried throwing it back but ended up falling off of his bed with a loud thud.

"agh..." he said as he held his head in between his hands. he then kept still, lying on the carpeted floor, before he reached for his phone.

he opened it and squinted his eyes to get a better look at his blinding screen.

boldfaced and capitalized letters of IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, GO GET A LIFE were flashing in neon colors on his phone screen, and it took him a matter of seconds before he realized what it means.

'it's my birthday today', he realized and slowly, a smile creeped into his face.

he quickly got up and looked at the digital clock on the bedside table. 1:07. he still has time. two hours and two minutes to be exact.

he doesnt know when and where but a thing called reflection suddenly started spreading in their campus like wildfire two years ago.

no, this reflection thing isnt the song that mulan sang in the movie, but it's more of like a belief about soulmate stuff.

it says that on the same morning you turn eighteen, at exactly 3:09 am, the person should look into the bathroom mirror, wait for the lights to go out. when the lights go back on, the face that will appear a second after is the face of that person's soulmate.

many believed and made a buzz about this, but most just let it go in their heads and out of their ears, totally not believing such a childish thing.

jungkook was just sixteen when he heard about it, and since then, he cant contain his excitement and even made a countdown to his eighteenth birthday. he made sure to mark september 21 on his calendar and have it with alarm with full volume, hence why the alarm went off earlier.

today is jeon jungkook's eighteenth birthday.

he grabbed himself some underwear and dragged himself to the bathroom and tried his best to take a shower as quiet as he can. of course, he wasnt able to be as quiet as he wants to be because he would occasionally sing here and there, and his roommate jimin cant take it anymore and grabbed a pillow and went out of their room, heading to one of their friends' rooms to sleep over.

at 1:30, jungkook stepped out of the shower with a grin on his face. he wiped himself dry and looked at the mirror. he cant help but grin wider.

'just two more hours, and im going to see who im meant to be with', he thought and happily went out of the bathroom. he saw the messy bed of jimin and laughed when he noticed his absence.

'guess im not as quiet as i thought'.

he killed time by making himself busy and grabbing a coffee from the vending machine downstairs.

as he downed his third cup of coffee, he felt his head hurt and leaned down on the table until he slowly fell into sleep..

×

"but hyung!"

jimin pouted and held his pillow against his shirt-clad chest, his hair sticking out everywhere.

kim seokjin or simply, jin, the guy occupying the room where jimin slept over, stood by the door with a stern expression, his arms crossed over his chest.