Prologue - Don't Shoot Me

People like to call me crazy.

It's probably because I believe in monsters. And demons. And ghosts. And angels. And heaven, and hell. And fairies. And pixies. And witches and wizards and dragons and everything that we were told is fantasy as a kid.

I believe in all of it.

Because it all exists, somewhere in the universe. I don't care what you have to say against it.

Although it may seem like a dream come true, every single one of these things is set out to kill the human race. All of them. Even those that may seem nice, like fairies and sprites and pixies and angels and all of them.

Because we destroyed their world.

And their intents are what keep me sane.

Because I hunt them.

I'm one of the few hundred Monster Hunters left in this world. It's been so many years since any of these creatures have been in our line of sight that we've all stopped believing.

But I haven't.

I believe in karma and revenge and repayment and all of this. And they're all plotting revenge, I just no it.

Their defenses are that it's been so many years so we've all forgotten and they can take us with the element of surprise.

And yes I'm still in school. I'm eighteen. I graduate in June. That's in seven months.

I guess have to wait.