Prologue

Lia's P.O.V

I was so thankful to get home after a long day. Work was terrible. The second I get into my house I walk into my room and strip off my clothes. Not even bothering to shower tonight, I grab a pair and running shorts and a t-shirt to change into.

Once I'm changed I walk back downstairs and grab a glass of milk, adding chocolate syrup and mix it. I'm to tried to eat so I'll just eat in the morning.

I walk back upstairs and climb into bed, the soft sheets feeling like heaven on my tired body. I connect my phone to the charger because its at only 5% and I flick my TV on. The TV quickly lights up causing me to squint my eyes. I smile when my favorite cartoon comes on. I may be 16 but Spongebob still manages to make me laugh.

Now here's a little back story. My mom left us when I was too young to even remember her, I'm an only child, and my dad has to travel for his job. He's a business man. Leaving me home alone for weeks at a time. I don't really talk to enough people to throw a typical 'teenager' party. I have a lot of friends but the only one I really hangout with is Alexandra. She stopped going to school because she had bad anxiety so she does online school now.

Once I finish my glass of milk I set the glass down on my bed side table and turn the TV off. I slide down so my head is resting on the pillow and I pull the covers up to my chin. Now the only sound I hear is my breathing. I close my eyes and drift off into a light sleep.

__

I wake up and my throat is incredibly dry so I slowly climb of bed and walk over to the bathroom just across from my room. I flick on the light causing my eyes to burn and I just blink it off. I grab the glass on the side of the sink and turn on the water. The noise is really loud but then I remember I'm home alone so it doesn't matter. The only sound I hear is the clicking of my clock on the wall. After I drink the whole cup without breathing once, I set it down and catch my breath.

I walk back out into the hall and across to my bed room. I slowly open the door and stop dead in my tracks.

A large dark figure stood over my bed. From the way its shoulders looked, it was a male. I couldn't tell the age but from his height he had to be at least eighteen. I was hopping he didn't see me and I don't think he did because he just stared at all my pictures on my wall with his back turned to me. I suddenly feel my heart pounding in my chest.

I slowly turn around and pull the door shut. Without thinking about it the door makes an audible click.

I instantly freeze.

It sounds like one of the loudest sounds I'd ever heard in my life. I just stand there as the noise echoes in my head.

Footsteps.

I hear them quickly approach the door. I turn to run down the stairs but I hear the familiar sound of the door click and something harshly grabs my hair, throwing me to the ground.

The impact of me hitting the ground caused all my air to escape my lungs. I see the dark figure walk over me and bend down. I lay on the ground gasping for air, trying to see the face of the person over me. Even though I can't see his face I know he is smiling. Sick twat. He is now only inches away from my face and he pulls out a knife.

I mumble something under my breath and he freezes. "What was that baby girl? Couldn't hear ya." He says in a smooth voice.

He brings his face closer to mine and I finally say it loud enough so he can hear me. "Fights not over yet, bastard." And I smash my head into his. He falls backward onto his bum and I turn around and take off running. I turn the corner too fast and smash into the wall. I quickly pick myself up and continue running until I can get outside.

That was the plan until I turned a corner and he's there. "Come on baby girl, don't leave yet. The fun just started," he says with a cocky smirk on his face. I freeze.

Shit. Shit, shit, shit.

I turn around and run into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. Okay, okay, breathe.

"Come 'ere baby girl. Lets have some fun." He says in a melodic tone. Every time he calls me baby girl it sends shivers down my spine.

Okay, my breathing slowed and I know what I have to do. I search every inch of the bathroom for some type of weapon.

Nothing. What, no. That can't be. Nothing. I freeze when I hear the sound of something sharp being dragged across the door.

"Baby girl," he calls out in a melodic tone. I just stand there, holding my breath. I then hear him start jiggling the door handle. "If you come out right now, I'll play nice." He says and I hear the smirk in his tone.

A few seconds pass and he knocks on the door. "Come on, last chance." He says in an annoyed tone. It gets silent outside the door and he just sighs. "You're gonna give me no chance but to play dirty." I shiver at his words and gain the courage to speak I try to make my voice sound confident but it only comes out shaken and weak.

"Maybe that's what I want." I say trying to sound bold. I hear him chuckle behind the door.

"Baby girl, you have no idea."

<><><><><><><><><><>
I hope you guys like it!