kid in love // s.m

© - katiewisegirl 2016
-
-
i gaze up at the sky, full of stars. I've always found stars so beautiful. Not one of them is the same. They all have their own story, all shining, but there will always be one that shines the brightest.
That star, for me, was laying right next to me. She shone the brighter than any star in the whole sky.
I look across, taking my attention away from the night sky for the first time in a few minutes.
"Shawn?" she says, her sparkling blue eyes staring right into my own.
"That's me" i reply, letting out a small laugh. She laughs with me, brushing a golden curl away from her face and behind her ear.
"Isn't it beautiful?"
"Mhm" I hum, as she lays her head on my shoulder, returning her gaze to the sky once again
We lay there, just the two of us in the middle of the park, in silence. Not the awkward type of silence. But the comfortable one. That silence where it's just the two of you, in the moment, not wanting to leave eachother's loving embrace.
"Do you ever just wish you were a star?" I say after a few minutes. "Not having to worry about anything. Just floating in the sky, beside eachother. Without a care in the world. Just seeing the world from above, the beauty of it. Not knowing about any of the negativity. Just gazing down on the lights of the world, side by side. Not having to worry about growing up. Staying there forever, never growing old. Not having to worry about the future, because the only world you're living in is now."
"This is what I want. Right here. Right now. I want this forever."
"Why should we have to grow up? We don't have to. We don't have to move on."
"We're just kids in love"
"Is this what it's like falling in love?'
"I guess it is"
"Then we don't ever have to grow up."
-
-