Chapter 1

12 Years Old
Y/N hopped on her bike and started pedaling toward Ben's house.  Ben was her best friend.  She met with Ben every day.  She made it to Ben's house.  Ben was already waiting outside for her.  They got on their bikes and rode down the street.
"Hey, Y/N, I got a new game today" Ben said.
"What game" Y/N asked.
"Majora's Mask"
"Cool"
They kept riding their bikes along a woodland path. 
"Y/N, we should turn back.  I'm not aloud to go all the way out here" Ben said.
"Come on, Ben, we've never seen anything beyond this point" Y/N said while speeding up on her bike, zooming down the forest path.

Ben slowed down for a moment to ponder whether or not to catch up with her.  He started pedaling faster, trying to catch up with his friend.  He couldn't find Y/N.

"Y/N" he called "Y/N, where are you?"

He scanned his surroundings.  He was near a lake.  The lake water was green and murky.  Y/N's bike was laying on the ground.

"Y/N, I know you're here" Ben said.

Y/N's head bobbed out of the murky water.  Her clothes were sopping wet, and she was laughing like an idiot.

"Ben, you have to get in here" Y/N giggled.
Ben pondered whether or not to jump into the lake. The problem was, Ben had never actually tried swimming. It's not that he couldn't swim, he just never tried. Y/N started to swim away from him. Ben had made his decision. He started running out toward the lake at full speed. Then, he jumped into the water. He was instantly surrounded by the freezing cold water. He started thrashing, desperate to stay afloat. Slowly, the water pushed him down.
"Y/N" Ben screamed at the top of his lungs.
The lake water took this chance to flood down Ben's throat, making him choke. Y/N immediately turned at the mention of her name. She saw Ben sinking. She started swimming as fast as she could to her friend. By the time she made it to him, he had already been submerged under the water. She dove underwater, trying to reach her friend. Her breath started to run out. She surfaced to get a huge breath of air and quickly went back underwater. She tried to grab Ben, but she only clawed at the water. She trudged out of the water. Y/N mounted her bike and peddled home as fast as she possibly could. When she reached her house, she jumped off her bike and threw to the ground carelessly. She ran inside. She grabbed the home phone (since she didn't have cell phone at the time), and dialed 911.

The police, firemen, and ambulance surrounded the lake. The lake was too deep for anyone to retrieve Ben's body. They said he was dead and the police told Ben's parents that he had died. The police, ambulance, and firemen all went away. As for Y/N, she stayed by the lake. For the first time in years, Y/N cried. Tears clouded her vision. Clear, salty tears fell from her cheeks and dripped into the lake water, creating small ripples. Through her blurry vision, she saw a small object floating in the water. She brushed the tears from her face to see what it was. The mysterious object was actually a game cartridge. Majora's Mask, to be exact. It was Ben's game. Y/N put the cartridge near her heart. She would miss her friend for years to come. Never would a day pass by when Y/N didn't blame herself for the death of her beloved friend. After all, Ben was her first crush. If she had just stayed away from the lake, Ben would still be alive. She wanted to hold her friend close right then. But, it was too late.
Ben had drowned.....