1. Before

Briar's POV <Unless Stated>
Another day at the dance studio, another day with Jessie, Abby (my sister), Myles, Devon and Isaac. I love dancing at CDC, all the dancers there are so kind and I've grown up with them.

"Briar, you ready?" Abby's voice echoes through the empty house at five in the morning.

"Yeah." I groan.

The one annoying thing about being a full on dancer at fourteen is that you have to get up at ridiculous times to go to dance. I love it though so I wouldn't change it for the world.

At the moment I'm balancing acting on The Next Step with dancing at CDC but everyone understands because Isaac, Myles, Devon and Allain are all a part of the show too so we're allowed days off when we have filming.

"Let's go Abby." I say, grabbing my dance bag.

"Are we picking Myles, Devon and Jessie up today since we have school after dance?" She asks me.

"Yeah, I'm going to school with Myles, Devon and Jessie anyway, we were going to walk but if you don't mind dropping us off Abby that would be nice of you." I say with the puppy dog face to my sister.

"If you insist Bri, it's a good job I love you." Abby chuckles as I throw my dance bag in the boot of her car.

We head to Myles' house where him and Jessie are stood outside his house waiting for me and Abby.

"Hey you two." I smile, getting out of the car to let Jessie in the front so I can get in the back for when Devon comes.

"Hey Bri." Myles says, giving me a hug.

He's never called me Bri before, this is strange. But I like it so I'm not going to complain.

"How are you then Myles?" I ask him.

"Tired at five in the morning but dance is dance so I don't really mind." He chuckles.

"Same here to be honest." I laugh.

Then Myles does something he's never done before. Picks up my hand and just holds it. Strange but quite weirdly I like it. I can't be falling for Myles can I?

Well we've been friends for as long as I can remember and that also means as long as I've been dancing. Me and Myles are childhood friends and we've known eachother since we were 4 years old. That's 10 and a half years! (Briar is turning 15 in this book since it's set in 2013)

Well I was like 3 and a half and Myles was four because we joined in the summer of his fourth birthday, I remember we all held a party at CDC for him even though he'd only been there like two weeks.

I mean CDC has got me to places beyond my dreams, if my family had never have moved to Ontario I'd be lost. Myles is my bestfriend and soulmate and he's stuck with me through everything.

Myles and I have a brother-sister relationship and I don't want to ruin this with the feelings I can definitely tell I'm developing so I'm just going to have to hide it.

"Briar, Myles, we're here." Abby says, calling me out of my gaze. It wasn't that I was staring at Myles, was I?

"Bri, are you alright?" Myles asks.