} Ego {

Ego

.:Chapter 1:.

{Sanibel's POV}

A million thoughts raced through my mind. I stepped on the ice for my warm up. This was it. I noticed a few girls in the crowd booing me, obviously representing America in the Skate Canada competition I wasn't a favorite. That sort of stuff normally never bothered me, but lately with my lack of rest, all I wanted to do was go over to those girls and slap the French out of them. The only thing that kept me from doing it was the consequence of going through with it.

I started practicing a few doubles to ease my nerves. I took off for my lutz. "Watch it." A snobby voice snapped. Tara, she smirked wickedly at me. This wasn't the first time she tried to trip me up. She was all over the place hogging the ice like it was her show. That girl made me ashamed to represent the same country as she did. I dug my toepick into the ice and pretended it was her face. A sudden blast of air rushed by, it was Joannie. She's one of my best competitor friends. "Good luck Sani!" she whispered and blew a kiss. She was the only Canadian skater who didn't refer to me as American trash. On the camera, everyone makes it look like it's all hugs & kisses between the skaters. Looks can be deceiving, it was rarely friendly behind the scenes. Joannie was 10 years older than me, but she was respectful to everyone. So she was a fan favorite in more countries than her own.

.:Chapter 2:.

{Sanibel's POV}

"All skaters, please exit the ice, the warm up is over." A french accented voice blasted from the surround sound of the building. I hated that announcement, it made me a bundle of nerves. I was the 2nd skater in the lineup so I ran off the ice, stretched real quick, & double checked my laces. "First up, Tara Lupinsky, representing the United States." I swore under my breath, it should be illegal for her to skate. Throughout her entire short program I was praying that she'd fall on her face. No such luck. If you asked me she wasn't that great a skater, she was all talk. Her athletic ability was very average, and to her, artistry was twirling her wrists around during her program. But she skated a clean program, which made for good scores.

My heart was pounding. "Next up, representing the United States, Sanibel Valentino." I was up. I stepped on the ice, Tara purposely skated right into me and I slipped and landed on my chin. A painful shock ran through my body, it felt like my face had shattered to a million pieces. She tripped me so subtly that no one had seen it. Everyone was laughing at me, thinking I'd tripped over nothing. I was pissed like nobody's business, so I was going to make it clear who's fault it had been. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!" I yelled so loud that it echoed through the rink, the audience was dead silent. "Me?" Tara played dumb. "Yes you!" I grabbed the back of her dress collar to choke her, and pulled her down. She tried to squirm up, but I straddled her so she was vulnerable to getting the back of my hand. I slapped her...HARD. She was screaming and crying. Security came to pull me off her, so I bit them. I felt like I was on steroids, once I started beating her, nothing could stop me. I kept going, biting her, hitting her, choking her, I even sliced my blade into her a few times. Finally the police tore me off her, I was kicking and screaming. This just wasn't fair.

.:Chapter 3:.

{Sanibel's POV}

~TWO MONTHS LATER~ I stared at my ceiling for hours, it seemed that was all I could do. "Honey, get up." "Go away, dad." After the trial, I had to pay a fine for assaulting Tara, $35,000. On top of that, I was banned from ladies' figure skating for 5 years. Apparently I "got off easy". My life was over at 14, what a tragic fate. Making a comeback after 5 years off the competitive stage would suck, I'd miss a young Olympic debut, which was exactly what I'd worked for and dreamed of since I was 2 yeas old. I couldn't stand that it was coming to an end. My coach dumped me, my fans moved on, & Tara got sympathy, love, & 3 medals since I was banned.