"ALWAYS"

Severus decided to walk in the street of Spinner’s End where he once lived. It was very cold and very dark. No one bother to walk beside him and talk to him. He was completely alone. The word ‘coward’ Harry Potter and McGonagall told him was echoing in his mind. He can’t take it anymore. He stopped walking and began to mumble some words.

“I am just trying to protect Lily’s son.” He said and began to tear up.

“I JUST WANT TO PROTECT HARRY POTTER!”

He continued to walk and cried louder. He muttered. “I never wanted to kill the headmaster. I wish he can understand. I wish he knew!” He sat on the grounds, crying hysterically.  

“This is all for you, Lily! I’m here to protect your son!” He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened her eyes, he saw something. Something white and transparent. He squints and saw a patronus similar like him.

“Lily.” He whispered. He blinks and the patronus vanished but now, he saw something. He saw a lady standing in front of her. He looked at her from toe up to her head and saw the ghost of the lady he once loved.

It was the ghost of Lily. He slowly stretched up her arms and hold Lily’s arm.

“Why are you here?” he asked curiously.

 “I know you are not loyal to You-Know-Who. You are loyal to Dumbledore. Am I right?” Lily said concerned.

Snape looked everywhere and nods. “Of Course.”

Lily gives him a warm smile and said “Thank you for saving my son.”

“Of Course, Lily.” He answered at once.

“Promise me something?”, Lily said looking at the black eyes of Snape.

“Anything.”

“You will help my son, Severus?”

“I will. I promise.”

The ghost of Lily vanished. Snape was crying more hysterically as he watches it to vanish. He stands up, decided to join the war and becomes strong. He wants to fulfill his promise to Lily……….. And he did.

After the war, he saw again the body of Lily. Lily was surprised.

“What are you doing Severus?” She asked, surprised.

“I died, Lily. The Dark Lord killed me.”

“And my son? Did he die? He is a horcrux, right?”

“Yes, he is. But, he survived! The Dark Lord tried to kill him but he lived. He was indeed the boy who lived.”

Lily looked at him amazed. “Really? Thanks, Severus.”

 “ALWAYS.”