The New Jersey Mystery

A snowball landed at the feet on its intended target. The young girl squealed in delight as she ran from her attacker.

"Bang! Bang!" the young brown haired boy yelled as he lobbed snowballs at his friend. Another young black-haired boy ran out and slammed a fistful of snow on the girl. She screamed as the white powder soaked her red hair. A little blonde girl began sending splashes of snow onto the redhead, and a young boy with black spiky hair jumped up and down in glee. Suddenly, he stopped and pointed.

"What is that?" he asked.

"What are you pointing at, Terry?" the red head asked.

"Look at that, Jane! It's a weird black thing that's sticking out of the ground!" Terry replied enthusiastically.

"Jenny, come and look at this!" Jane yelled, and her blonde friend ran over.

"What is it?" Jenny whispered, amazed. "Nathan, come here!" The brown haired boy bounced over and bent down.

"Hey, Darrell, come here!" Nathan yelled, and the black haired boy sauntered over. He put his hand on the black object and tugged.

"What is this? It's furry," he observed, and tugged a little more. "It's heavy too," he added, deeply interested.

"Do you want me to call my mom?" Terry asked.

"Okay, you go running to mommy while the others and I work on pulling this out of the ground," Nathan sneered. Terry flinched, but at last he scrambled to his feet and ran to the parents that were waiting at the edge of the park. Nathan rolled his eyes at his friend and went back to pulling.

"What do you think it is?" Jenny whispered, immersed in the task of drawing the object out.

"I don't know, but I bet it's a dinosaur!" Nathan grunted as the object finally heaved to the side. The children were amazed.

"It's an ostrich man!" Darrell exclaimed. The man's skin was spotted with red, the left side of his face was caked with a red crust that stuck to his black hair, and there was a thin slit in his broad chest. His heavy black coat, the object that had caused the fuzziness, had a splatter of the same red crust. His fists were clenched and a faint odor hung on his collar. His face was soaked with snow, and his eyes were hidden behind his eyelids and short, rich lashes.

As the children gazed in wonder at the strange person lying before them, Terry came running with his mother. The tall, slight woman with jet-black hair gasped and put her hands to her face. She quickly swept at the children, driving them away from the corpse, the turned slowly, putting a hand on the body.

"Are you okay? Arnold? Are you okay?!" she yelled. She whipped out her cell phone and dialed 9-1-1.

Name: Azami Akiyama

Physical description: 153 lbs, 5'10", 23 yrs old, cropped black hair, bright brown eyes, next to gaunt figure, delicate hands

Occupation: Rookie New Jersey police

Azami was thinking about this case since she had clambered into her car. Her first major case and her heart was fluttering like crazy. Of all the cases to feel nervous about, she was so annoyed that it was her biggest case ever. She leaned back and sighed, trying to relax before remembering that she was in her car and driving. Sighing even more, she placed her eyes back on the road.wer

She arrived at the park and stood in attention before her supervising officer, a smirking, slimy, irksome, loathsome, lowly life form with a face that resembled a scarecrow. Mr. Adrian Bisti was smirking, and Azami had the urge to punch him smack in the face, but she restrained her fists, instead choosing to clench them in anger and stand as still as she could. She gritted her teeth as he began ordering her around with his high voice.