The Ghost Ballet Shoes

(Before you read the story, imagine that every story you heard before are all real. More specifically, every horror story you heard are real.)

1989, at town Roaddea, a 25 years old ballet dancer named Sarah Cojocaru was murdered at the theatre "Secret Angel". Her body was hanging on the roof of Room A when she was found, so the police assumed that she simply suicided. Sarah was famous for wearing a pair of red ballet shoes at all her performances. Her dancing shoes were purchased by a local ballet appliances store called "Historic Ballet". Everyone thought it was the end of the story, but it didn't.

Time flies, 27 years passed since Sarah Cojocaru died. Most people already forgot that she died, only a few ballet fans still remember her. A young teenage girl called Lucy just had her 19th birthday, and she got a pair of red ballet shoes from her uncle David, who runs the store "Historic Ballet", as a birthday present. She was delighted, as her dream is to become a famous ballet dancer, and this is the first ballet shoes that she owned. She immediately put them on and looked at herself in the mirror. In the mirror, there was a 5 feet tall girl who had white skin colour. She was wearing a red dress with a ribbon bow at her waist. She had a necklace with a shiny crystal. Her hair was black and short, which matches her big and bright eyes. At the bottom, there was a pair of red ballet shoes, that were as red as blood. In conclusion, she is actually a pretty girl. "Thank you, Uncle David, this is the best birthday present ever." cheered Lucy as she hugged Uncle David.

The next day, Lucy brought her new ballet shoes to school for her after school ballet training class. Everyone showed a very jealous facial expression when they saw Lucy's ballet shoes, even her 2 best friends Mary and Susan did the same. The students kept saying "Look at Lucy, her ballet shoes are so pretty." "Geez. I want to have ballet shoes like that one to be my birthday present." "What a lucky girl, her uncle runs a ballet appliances store."...... Lucy was very proud at her new ballet shoes and very glad that she caught everyone's attention.

After that day's training class was over, Lucy was going home with Mary and Susan. "Please, can you let me wear your shoes. They are so beautiful." Susan asked. "Alright. Alright. I will let you try, but don't scratch it." Lucy warned Susan. Then, she opened her bag. There, she found nothing red.

"No!!! Where is it? Where are my ballet shoes? I can't lose them. This is only the first day that I dance in it," Lucy screamed. "May be you left it at school." said Mary. "You are right, I probably left it at the changing room. I will go back to school and find it, you two don't need to wait for me. See you tomorrow." Before Mary and Susan could say anything, Lucy already disappeared. "So, I guess we are going home without her today." sighed Mary. "Yeah. I guess you are right." replied Susan.

When Lucy reached school, the school gates were already locked, so Lucy could only looked at the school through the 3.5 meter high iron gate desperately. After staring at the school for 5 minutes, Lucy finally gave up and decided to leave the ballet shoes at school for this night. Therefore, she slowly turned around and walked.

While Lucy was walking, she noticed something strange. A door of an abandoned theatre was opened. Lucy remembered that it had been closed for a long time, so it's structure was basically destroyed. Lucy stared at the sign was hanging on the 2nd floor of the theatre, "Se...cret...An...gel. Secret Angel, so that is the name of this theatre?" Lucy asked herself. Driven by curiosity, Lucy sneaked into the theatre. "Bang!" the door behind her closed after she walked into the theatre. Then a smooth music came out from Room A. Lucy took out her phone and turned on the torch on the phone. Then, she slowly walked into the mysterious room. She was shocked by the picture in front of her.

She had a very good reason to be shocked, because she saw her ballet shoes on a girl's feet! Lucy looked a little bit higher and she saw the girl's body, which was as white as snow, but also transparent. Then, Lucy slowly looked at the girl's face, and she nearly screamed. Because, there was nothing on the girl's face but a mark of a rope on her neck. "There is only one explanation to this, I am staring at a ghost." Lucy whispered with a shaking voice. The girl seemed like she didn't notice that someone was staring at her and she started to dance.

Lucy had never seen a person dance like that girl and she couldn't stop staring at her. Suddenly, the girl disappeared. At the next second, all Lucy could see was white. She tried to breathe but she couldn't. She could feel a cold hand holding her neck She realized that she was strangled by the ghost. Due to lack of oxygen to brain, Lucy started to lose her consciousness, her eyesight became blurrier and blurrier. Then, she felt nothing.

When Lucy woke up, there was no ghost or music. They disappeared. "What a strange dream, I thought I saw a ghost dancing," Lucy said. Then, she moved her waist and sit up. At least, that's what it should happened. After Lucy sat up, she looked at her hand, and they were transparent. Lucy's heart stopped beating for a second. Lucy looked down. There was a body wearing two red ballets shoes, lying on the floor, Lucy's body. "No. No. It can't be true, it's just a nightmare," cried Lucy. "But it isn't." a voice came out from Lucy's body. It was scary when a dead body spoke, but hearing your own voice was even scarier.

'Lucy' slowly stood up and faceed at Lucy's spirit. "As long as these shoes were on your feet, I will control your body and you will be in the ghost form," 'Lucy' explained with an evil face and voice. "No. Return my body to me." Lucy yelled and tried to grab her body. Her hand went pass the body. "Ha ha ha...... you are a ghost now, you can't touch any living things. Oh, also you can't leave this Room A because you aren't really dead, I just stole the body from you when you fainted." 'Lucy' giggled while she said this. "Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?" Lucy cried. "My name is Sarah Cojocaru. I had been trapped at this creepy theatre for 27 years! It's not personal, I just want to be alive again. Have a fun time being a half dead ghost. Ha ha ha......" Sarah laughed and left the theatre.