Prologue

It was a peaceful night in Sashan, the tenth of Spalis was meant to be a happy occasion for the head of the unit and his wife. Today was the day that their children were due, a pair of twins; a girl and a boy. The fact that Vitalija was pregnant, along with being the holder of the Sin of Wrath was kept secret. Since the seal could be weakened in childbirth, meant that both Vitalija and Rajmund had agreed to keep the birth place a secret from their friends.

Their children, their babies were health. They were worth the nine months of secrecy, pain and fear of the Sin of Wrath breaking the seal. Sadly, neither Vitalija nor Rajmund could enjoy their birth for long, as a man in a mask arrived and kidnapped Vitalija.

Rajmund barely stopped the man from killing the twins and Kalwa, the midwife and the Paslėpta liepsna's wife. When the children were tucked away in a safe place, Kalwa told him she'd keep an eye on the two, that it wouldn't do to leave them by themselves.

Soon afterwards; Sashan was under attack. Both the Dragon of Wrath and the Fox of Greed were working together, the Kareivis and Apsauga of Sashan tried to keep the two out of the village, but most ended up dying. The attack seemed like it went on for a lifetime, until a giant white eagle showed up.

Rajmund and Vitalija on his back, both were carrying a baby in their arms. Neither of them wanted to do this, but they weren't left with many options. None of which would allow their children to live another day, and they would always come first. Always.

If you were to ask anyone of the Kareivis and Apsauga units, they wouldn't be able to tell you what happened that night. The villagers would mutter about a white light, but all of them could agree on this; Vitalija and Rajmund Kowalski had died that day.

Azuloas and Aldona Vitkus were going to have a hard life, most of the village calling for their deaths mere hours after they had been born.

This is how their story begins.