Nothing Left

Kain stared at her, beautiful (h/l) (h/c) flowing in the wind as she giggled away with her boyfriend. He hated it so much. He hated the fact that another man was making his (Y/N) happy, but... she wasn't his anymore. Not after what he'd done last year. She'd stop talking to him fully. He tried so many times to explain but she didn't need one. She'd seen and heard EVERYTHING. Every little word. And every action. He was now with Ruka... and she was with her boyfriend, (boyfriend/crush's name).

~Flashback~

(Y/N) walked towards the moon dorms, giddy as fluff. Today was their one year anniversary. And she was going to surprise him with a special date. She'd been planning this for three months. She'd gathered enough money and paid for a VERY high-quality restaurant. He'd always do stuff like this for her, so she wanted to do something for him. She already spent her money so he wouldn't have a choice.

(Y/N) skipped towards the moon dorms and knocked on the large doors. They opened and (Y/N) was greeted by Takuma.

"Hello (Y/N)! If you're looking for Akatsuki, he's upstairs." He stated with his bright smile.

Thank you so much!" She said and headed up the staircase. But when she got up she saw Ruka crying and Kain comforting her. She didn't want to intrude, but she DID want to know what was happening. So she hid behind the wall and listened.

"He doesn't love me, why not? Why doesn't he love me?" Ruka sobbed as she wrapped her arms around Kain. (Y/N) just watched silently.

"Ruka... it doesn't matter whether he loves you or not, I love you. Can't you see that?" Kain said and the moment those words left his lips, (Y/N)'s worst fears had come to life. She looked around the corner and saw that Kain's face was now MUCH closer to Ruka's.

"B-but... (Y/N)..." Ruka sniffled.

"She's... she doesn't matter. I love you." And with that, their lips met. (Y/N)'s eyes widened as tears started to trail down her soft skin.

"Hey (Y/N), what are you doing here?" (Y/N) heard Aido ask. But (Y/N) didn't reply. She could only stare at the scene in front of her. When Aido saw, he gasped. "(Y-Y/N)..." He tried to touch her shoulder but she moved away.

"I knew it was too good to be true... he's so popular... and I'm so... not." (Y/N) turned away and started to leave, when Ruka saw her.

"(Y/N)!" She yelled. But (Y/N) ran out before anything. She ran to her dorm and locked the door. Her roommate would return soon so she had to calm down. She picked up her phone and called the restaurant and canceled the reservation.

"The money is not refundable, are you sure?" The woman asked on the other side.

"Yes... thank you." (Y/N) said, she then hung up. All that money. She spent two thousand dollars on the reservation... and all of it was gone. She was such an idiot! She threw the phone at the wall and fell on her bed, letting all the emotions flow out her of her.

~End of Flashback~

"Staring at her won't do anything. It'll just hurt Ruka." Aido said as he walked towards his cousin. Aido told Kain everything after (Y/N) had left. Kain was shocked at regretted everything.

"Shut up," Kain stated.

"Why? After what you did, you don't to hear it? Huh? You broke her heart. All she ever did was love you and all you gave her was heartache. I know I flirt with EVERY girl, but believe it or not, I'm happy with someone. She's all that matters to me and (Y/N) SHOULD'VE been the only one that mattered to you, but unfortunately for her, she wasn't. Anyway, the reason I came here was because Ruka's looking for you." Aido stated as he turned to leave.

"Wait... before you go... (Y/N) and her boyfriend..."

"He proposed. Their getting married after they get out of school. Thankfully she was able to find someone who treated her better." Aido said and walked away.
~**~

Kain turned the corner and ran right into a girl. She fell to the ground and squeaked. They looked at each other and froze. This was how they'd first met. They ran into each other and he knocked (Y/N) down. He held his hand out, which she took and he pulled her up.

"(Y/N)... I heard about you and your boyfriend. Congratulations, but is it true?" Kain questioned.

"Oh... thank you and yes." She said, holding up her left hand, where he saw the beautiful diamond ring. "You know, you hurt me so much, I didn't think I'd ever find anyone again. But I was wrong. About two things actually. About loving again... and about thinking that you loved me."

"(Y/N) I-"

"Stop. Every day since that incident I wished that I could hurt you the way you hurt me, but it's just not in my character. But I so wish it was," (Y/N) laughed bitterly. "Good luck with Ruka... just don't hurt her like you hurt me. That's the last thing I'd want." (Y/N) started to walk past when Kain grabbed her hand.

"(Y/N)... please don't do this."

"I'm sorry, Akatsuki. I moved on and you should too. Goodbye." (Y/N) said as she pulled her hand out of his grip and left.

~**~

The rest of the two months flew by and they'd graduated. (Y/N) and her fiance had their wedding at the most beautiful place. Everyone was invited and they attended. Even Ruka and Kain. But right before (Y/N) and (boyfriend/crush's name) kissed, he looked away. He couldn't see it. He regretted everything. He wanted to take back what he'd done. He didn't mean it. He just wanted (Y/N) back. That's all. He'd trade everything he had for it...

But she wasn't coming back. She was happy now. Without him.