Dragon Wing

WHAT DRAGON WING SAW, FELT AND KNEW

I felt the presence of a family member, but could not put a hoof on which mare, filly or colt it was. I was 18 hands at the shoulder. My harden eyes blood red in colour, my coat was coal black and the wings from my sides were those of the mighty dragon in a shade of red that matched my blood coloured eyes.

Walking on though the endless fields of dry red earth I saw little but these few things on either side. To my right stood the sun backed blood red boulders that stood twice my size, perfect hiding for any of my enemies, from the deadly viper to ruthless, cunning man. To my left, whenever I dared to look that way, clouds of red dust from thundering feet growing ever so larger meaning before long the darks would be here.

This is it I thought the time to fight and the time to die, on this cursed dead land I knew my body would lay here forever onwards from this day on. I dearly wished life was normal, that horses were horses, not the things we are now, but nothing stays the same everything changes. Now winged, horn, fire and Ice horses roam these lands, good and evil fighting for power every day and I had grown weary from it.

DRAGON MEETS WITH OLD FRIENDS

I called a welcome to a smaller blue roaned Stallion who comes trotting though the sand. I have known Blue Jay for many years now and we stallions were close what one could say brothers although we were not related in any way.I then looked to the sky as one just like me arrives just fully black no red, Demonbane is the name of this one and we are really true blood brothers.I call many greetings to my fellow light horses and they greet me. I looked fondly at all the friendly faces around me knowing that this was the last time we would all be together alive as many of us will die.

I sighed sadly and looked around seeing a white mare of ice among all the lights coming to face. The white is special to me as she is my queen, but i know that all is needed to win. Blue Jays appaloosa coloured queen now partly blind was here too, Demon had but one mare but I did not see her here, she was brother to the stallion who started this war. 

THE FIGHTOF MANY BEGINS FOR DRAGON

I looked one more time to the left, seeing the red, dead land no longer empty as horses of the dark were now waiting. I would now wait to be lead into battle by our leader. Many thoughts went through my mind, but the ever closer presence of another I knew still put a shiver down my spine. I watched and then charged with the rest of my dear Brave Friends.

I had just finished off another of the dark when I heard a yell from one of my daughters, I had known she was here that was a power of mine. Shaking my head Ijumped into the air and flew fast to where my daughters cry came from and when I gotin seeing the man and the rope around her neck, I went into such a rage that I knew things would not go good for either man or I. Charging the man I knocked the rope from his bare hands, setting my daughter free from the man and rope. I backed away from the man telling my daughter to run but the man’s horse was where my daughter had gone and the man headed around to try to get his horse. I would not stand for the man to go any closer to where my daughter had gone, so I sealed my fate for love and reared up letting the blood red dragon like wings uncurl from my back.

SOMETHINGHAPPEN TO DRAGON THAT SADDENED ALL WHO KNEW HIM

I moved forwards flapping my wings viciously at the man to knock him down, it worked for the man fell but pulled something from under his shirt. It was then that three loud shots rang out; dazed I dropped to all fours and stumbled. Frowning at the pain that was in my shoulder and ear, I flicked my head trying to get rid of the blood from my eyes.Flicking my head again, I used my one ear to seek out the man and drive him away from these lands and so he would not come back any time soon.

 Even if it meant I would die at lest he would never try to take one of my family again. I reared once again and bellowed at the man, I moved forwards again flapping my wings to stay on my non-responsive feet. It was then that I heard a few words from the man “I’m sorry Red Devil”, I had no time to think when I heard,then felt another few blows, and thenI felt nothing at all. My mane and tail lit up in blood red flames as I crumpled to the ground lifeless.

WHAT DEMONBANE QUESTIONED

I had seen what happened to my brother and cried out with a dread for I knew he was dead. I watched as the man ran the horse following behind him away from the crumpled heap. It was the flames that remained that made me think hard about our past, of how mother had hid me, the hellions found out. Why was my brother left to live by evil when Dragon should have been murdered like the rest of our family? Then i turned away from that gruesome sight, going back into the battle with a new anger and strength.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay i know i just deleted all of what i had up other then this, i am going to rewrite all of what i had put up so it so longer. I also just wanted to know what you guys thought of this chapter.