|| "im still angry with you." ||

ayyy guys! i'm making a new story because im still kinda contemplating on where my other story's plot line is gonna go i guess
hope you like this one though, tell me if i should continue :)

iM NOT done the cover btw it's just like a random pic for now until i actually make one

~

- HARLEY'S POV -

Right now was a moment that would determine my entire future. For the good, and..Not so good. Either way made me nervous. I was really hoping for this to work, that it could go the way I want it to. But that doesn't mean it would go well.
He wouldn't want this. So why would it work? He's not normal. He doesn't want a normal life with a happy family. It takes so much just to get him to take a few days off his heists and murdering sprees. So why would he settle down for the next few years?

My hands were incredibly shaky as I slowly opened the box containing the item and it's instructions. My eyes skimmed over the paper before tossing it aside and shuffling over to the bathroom. The cold tile sent a shock up my legs, making a giggle escape my lips.

Puddin wasn't home right now. He was out on another heist with his men, so this was the perfect time to get it over with.
Just the thought of him made me nervous. I tell him everything, even if he doesn't listen all the time. I've never kept anything from him, and this was the first time. I can't imagine what would happen if it was positive. I'd be ecstatic. This has always been a dream of mine, even when Harleen existed. But that doesn't mean it would work out. We can't have a family. He wouldn't allow that, would he? I don't think he would, at least. He's been less abusive since he took me back from Belle Reve, maybe he'd be okay with it. But I shouldn't keep hoping.
J wouldn't want children.

I turned on the pregnancy test before taking a few deep breaths, shutting the bathroom door.

~ ~

- AUTHOR'S POV -

Harley twitched at the sound of the familiar squeaking of the door down the hall. Usually she'd be ecstatic, leaping into his arms by now. She slowly stood up off the bed, walking down the hall to see her lover hanging up his purple snakeskin jacket.

J turned around seeing Harley's small frame standing before him. He smiled, opening his arms before Harley walked up and hugged him. She had the familiar scent of shampoo in her hair, making J smile. Harley pecked his lips tenderly before walking down the hall to the living room.

Something was off. J noticed it the second he entered their home, not seeing Harley skipping down the hall and leaping into his arms, kissing him eagerly and begging for him to spend time with her. This wasn't his Harley.
He brushed it off, supposing it was just that time of the month for her again. She acts more tired and less bubbly during those times. But maybe it was something else.

J sighed, walking towards the living room. Harley heard the sound of his heavy footsteps as he entered the room, sitting on the couch next to her. Harley didn't make eye contact. She couldn't dare look at him knowing she's keeping a secret. The thought killed her inside.
J put his hand on Harley's thigh, making her instinctively twitch again. What was up with her? Something was definitely off.

J turned towards her, daring to make eye contact. Harley felt his blue orbs burning into her soul. She swallowed, biting her lip and concentrating on the tv, even though it wasn't on.
Silence between them was always comfortable. They both understood it. But right now was different. It was incredibly tense. It only ever felt that way in their first few sessions.