~Prologue~

----------

Ever since Halloween in 2007, the Fire Kingdom had been ruled over by Flame Ash Burned and her best friend, Phoenix Burned. From the day they met, the two friends had sworn to stay by each other's sides forever, and to have each other's backs whenever they needed to.

Ever since the defeat of Magma (the ex Fire Queen), the kingdom had only gotten better. But though her reign of terror and death had come to an end, there was still the fear that she would one day return, and that everything would return to the way that it used to be.

But the current Fire Queen was prepared to fight to protect her kingdom and her people.

She had done it before.

She could do it again.

Because she valued the lives of those in her kingdom to be far above her own.

To someone who didn't know her, the scars littering her body would have looked like those from a battle, and in a way, they were. The vast majority of the wounds on her body were inflicted by herself as she fought against the overwhelming darkness constantly trying to fully consume her and leave her for dead.

Depression is a terrifying thing.

And even though people say that sleep is an escape from the pain of everything that happens while you're awake, it wasn't true for Flame.

When she slept, she wasn't safe. Fatigue pulled her body under and trapped it, while images of the horrors she had faced in her life played on repeat. And it hurt. The faces of her family, and then their dead bodies, would freeze in her mind, forcing her to take in every detail.

And she'd hate herself knowing that she couldn't save them.

Having been properly diagnosed with depression, anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder at a young age, Flame had grown up with the feeling of being flawed.

To her, what it all meant was that her mind was an absolute train-wreck, and that she was a burden to others because they had to make sure that she didn't put herself six-feet under. Because she was unstable.

Not a normal girl.

Not a normal, functioning girl.

A mess.

Though she knew for a fact that she had people around her who loved and supported her, such as Phoenix and Jaws, what she felt was out of her own control. And because her two exes had decided that cheating on her was something that they wanted to do, Flame felt more worthless than ever.

Blackout had gained her trust. Made her fall in love with him, with false compliments and kisses that meant nothing. All to transfer information back to the Under-Realm to start a war, while he kissed another girl behind her back. And so, Flame brought his life to an end.

Marshall had been far better than Blackout for the most part, with the exception of his constant groping of Flame in public and the fact he had regularly tried to pressure her into sex. After she had explained why the groping in public embarrassed her, and that she wasn't going to have sex until engagement or marriage, Marshall decided to fuck his ex on his and Flame's anniversary. And so, Flame put a bullet through his genitalia.

Her past two experiences with love had taught her how worthless she was.

How she was never important to them.

How foolish she had been to trust them.

How replaceable she was.

She wanted someone to love her for who she was. To never abuse her like Blackout did. To never cheat like both Marshall and Blackout did. Because she had gotten so tired of being hurt in love -- tired of feeling like dying while experiencing something that was supposed to make her feel alive.

After everything she had been through...

She just wanted someone to love her for who she was and never hurt her...

Didn't she deserve that?

----------

Comment and Vote if you like!

Share and Follow if you really like!

See ya later, my little demons!

-F (admin)