Merry Christmas, Mr. Jefferson

AN: This story is unBeted aka unedited. So sorry for the rough cut, but it's Christmas afterall. Here is my present to all my followers and fans. I love you all, thank you so much for the support and very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all <3 xoxxo Polaroid Hipster!

Christmas had made its way to San Francisco. It was chilly yet snow did not fall. Max was slightly sad – for what is winter without snow? She was working on her computer in the little apartment Mark had got for them. They often made use of their Dark Room, either with girls they found or themselves. Max loved to pose for him – it was the most intimate experience for the both of them. And they were happy just being in each other's company.

The door opened and Max turned around in her seat, seeing Mark coming inside. She smiled and got up, walking over to him. She wore a deep long sleeved crimson shirt, with black leggings and camper socks on top. She normally wore jeans but she wanted to be comfy and it was warmer than jeans in the winter.

Mark put his bag down, wearing dark jeans with hiking boots paired with a dark shirt with a black jacket over top. Max loved his rugged winter look, he looked even more manly which turned her on immensely.

"Hey, how was your day? You look tired."

Max said as he unlaced his boots and kicked them off, moving to give her a hug, holding her close. Mark sighed inhaling her perfume which calmed him.

"Today's been a shit-show from the start. Why can't people be like you? You understand art in its truest form. People just don't seem to appreciate what we do." He said as he moved to look down at her before pressing a kiss to her lips gently.

When they broke apart she smiled and let him go unwind before going to the little kitchenette. She grabbed him a beer and passed it to him. He smiled appreciatively and used a lighter from his pocket to pop the top. Max frowned at the lighter. Cigarettes.

"I thought you quit?"

Mark took a swig before looking at her with a small shrug. "I did – then I didn't." Max knew not to press him and nodded before going to her computer. She rested her head on her hand, elbow digging into the oak computer desk.

Mark took his jacket off and threw it beside him on the couch before taking another sip of beer before neatly putting it on a coaster on the coffee table. He hated when people didn't use coasters. That's what they're there for!

He sighed to himself before getting up and going to Max putting his hands gently on her shoulders knowing she wasn't very happy. And he wouldn't stand for Max being upset. Even at his own hand. She was everything to him.

He noticed she wasn't even really working on the computer as much as she was zoned out looking perturbed.

"Hey," he whispered softly, "I'm sorry Max. I didn't mean to upset you. I just had a stressful day." He kissed her shoulder then moving to behind her ear, knowing it always drove her crazy.

She turned her head slightly, "Don't think turning me on is gonna make anything better." Her voice annoyed and slightly hurt. He moved the chair so that she was facing him, crouching down and taking her hands.

"I know. You're more stubborn than I am. Look, why don't we go away for Christmas? It seems we could use some time away from the city, and there will be snow up there." His lips curving into an enthusiastic smirk.

Max rolled her eyes but smiled softly.

"You're gonna bribe me with snow?"

"No! Not bribe you. I seriously want a break and we need it. So, why not pack our bags and go to Trillium Lake? You've never been up there and there's a cabin that I own. We can get some really nice nature shots up there too. I think you'll like it."